Official parts for the NGT

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
During my delivery I was told of a post-sale option of a bolt on CF dead pedal. The attachment points are very visible (at least on my '19). I'm assuming it is very expensive. I bet Petunia could make them out of aluminum for us. It isn't necessary but, hey, we had the bolt on cup holders for our '05-06 GTs so here's something to bolt on.

Ed

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
I Wonder what took you so long to ask for the first mod parts :rofl

You‘re a car nut

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
For any spirited driving The dead pedal is a must

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The adjustable foot box has a dead pedal built into it. This bolt on one fills the space to the left of the movable box. I'm told it's better for short inseam drivers (ie. box moved more toward seat). Has anyone seen one? I've heard at least 2 have been sold.

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Referred to as the "Raj pedal". Call your Concierge.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
The adjustable foot box has a dead pedal built into it. This bolt on one fills the space to the left of the movable box. I'm told it's better for short inseam drivers (ie. box moved more toward seat). Has anyone seen one? I've heard at least 2 have been sold.

Ed

Hopefully one of those that purchased one can post a picture.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I have seen it , held it , felt it. Watched it being installed into Raj's vehicle.
Looks nice, seems to function well . Too pricey for my budget.
Call Concierge as Dr. Frank Recommends.

andy (ajb)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I just checked with my concierge. You would order through your dealer. The part is not yet available. Retail is $2,930.58. I'm waiting for Petunia to make them (can we borrow Raj's as a pattern?) or for Dr Frank to get me one for my birthday!

Ed

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Schmee mentioned in a post about possibly ordering the carbon fiber door sills, to add to a car that doesn't have them.
I think would be interesting. Anybody try?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The door sills come off, and if you can get Ford to sell them to you, you can put on the CF ones. No idea $, likely big numbers.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I just checked with my concierge. You would order through your dealer. The part is not yet available. Retail is $2,930.58. I'm waiting for Petunia to make them (can we borrow Raj's as a pattern?) or for Dr Frank to get me one for my birthday!

Ed

find someone that has the part and find a guy with a nice 3D printer Im sure they can print it out of some carbon infused material that would be strong enough and it would cost less than a 1/10 of the original price!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I laser scanned the dead pedal last year. It's an awkward part because it's curved following the sill. Even fitting the stock part took...effort. But more than that, it's of little or no utility depending on your leg length. I'm only 5'10 and my knee was stuffed in the dash, which is very rare for me. Waste of time for most people regardless of what it costs.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I am 5'9" but with only a 30" inseam. I have the box all the way out! I think Raj is a short leg fella also. I have access to some 3D digital milling equipment. Petunia is taking a nap. I'll make a few of them!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The door sills come off, and if you can get Ford to sell them to you, you can put on the CF ones. No idea $, likely big numbers.

I would believe big bucks. But I would get them. I love Ti & CF.

Ed

PS The only person who loved CF more than me was Bony. He was CF crazy!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Send me the file I'll make one. Titanium,?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I laser scanned the dead pedal last year. It's an awkward part because it's curved following the sill. Even fitting the stock part took...effort. But more than that, it's of little or no utility depending on your leg length. I'm only 5'10 and my knee was stuffed in the dash, which is very rare for me. Waste of time for most people regardless of what it costs.

+ 1.. the pedal box has some anti skid tape on the left side, works perfect for the dead pedal for the average guy.

Raj Nair

Ford GT Team Alumni
Mar 10, 2015
Actually, the flat surface on the bolt on dead pedal (I didn’t know it was called the “Raj Pedal”) is even a little too far rearward for me to use consistently. I have it installed on my car but I actually usually put my left foot on the pedal box surface, especially since I’m a left foot braker on the track.

What the bolt on dead pedal actually does is fill the hole that’s created between the body and the pedal box surface as the pedal box is adjusted rearward. The flat surface has to be that far back in order to mount the part to the body and for it to always be able to fill the hole when the pedal box is adjusted to the maximum rearward position.

The hole that’s created as the box moves back is pretty small with the pedal box adjusted for “normal” height drivers. Therefore it is not a problem for most people.

Hope this helps explain the purpose of the part.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thanks Raj.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Raj
If it works for you it will work for me at five ft five!
Grab me one will ya? See you in February!
Roketman!