Toy Haulers for 2005-2006 Ford GT or New Ford GT

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And any PICKUP truck and trailer also. By today's standards it's easy to crest 26k. Our single rear wheel F350 is 11k, 44' trailer is 18k. Note, a SRW F350 diesel is rated to tow up to 21k (goose neck or 5th wheel). Amazing. And before someone asks, no I dont have a CDL.

Any tractor/trailer over 26k CGVWR requires a CDL.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
And any PICKUP truck and trailer also. By today's standards it's easy to crest 26k. Our single rear wheel F350 is 11k, 44' trailer is 18k. Note, a SRW F350 diesel is rated to tow up to 21k (goose neck or 5th wheel). Amazing. And before someone asks, no I dont have a CDL.

My point exactly. F350s with a dual tandem requires a CDL. I’ve had many friends find out the hard way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And my quandary, as getting and maintaining a CDL is a PITA.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Agreed, in our state we can get a Class D (as opposed to a Class A CDL) Chauffeur’s license that allows us to operate up to 26k. This is what I have and once you have it, renewal is the same as a standard license. In addition to the pita of CDL maintenance, law enforcement tends to be less lenient on CDL drivers as “I didn’t know” is not an excuse for CDL drivers whose profession is commercial driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Does something like that require a CDL?

Gentlemen, This unit doesn't require a CDL because it it registered as an RV. Recreation Vehicle. It has a bath and sleeping quarters.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
68Rcodeman is correct, if it has RV plates a CDL is not required. My company has a fleet of F350 & 450 trucks and we pull heavy trailers all over the midwest and our drivers are not required to have CDL’s. If you get a stacker trailer you have to have a drw truck, trust me a srw truck won’t work. There is to much area and side winds push you around, need 4 tires on the ground. Did it once, never again LOL.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Mine is not a stacker, is triple axle, goose neck, and very low in height. Thats how I get away with the SRW

If you get a stacker trailer you have to have a drw truck, trust me a srw truck won’t work. There is to much area and side winds push you around, need 4 tires on the ground.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Here is a beautiful trailer from the MFG i sent a link before.... available..

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2019-Sundowner-4386-Horizon-PRO-GRADE-Toy-Hauler-5004116274

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Here is a beautiful trailer from the MFG i sent a link before.... available..

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2019-Sundowner-4386-Horizon-PRO-GRADE-Toy-Hauler-5004116274

Can you get a car in far enough to be over the front axle? I hope everything secures so nothing can come loose and land on your car.

Really sweet hauler..............Someday.............

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
That's a pretty sweet setup. Alas, $82K is way more than I want to spend for something without an engine.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
At 44’ ....its pulling a shit ton down the road Holy Cow.
One would want to be an expert at towing...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
At 44’ ....its pulling a shit ton down the road Holy Cow.
One would want to be an expert at towing...

Eeeeeh. Not necessarily. If I can do it, anybody can. Trust me... :facepalm: