When you get knocked down, get up again. SYCO GT'S NFGT APPLICATION VIDEO

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Very creative Randy, and I hope you are selected!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Good stuff, I think Monica deserves best supporting Oscar for her role! Good luck to you Randy!

Haha. Terry, we did two takes. She really beat me up in the first one. As a lawyer, I think she enjoyed her new found Judicial powers a little too much. I mentioned that it was okay if she was neutral or slightly an advocate to the family cause.

Good luck Randy!! Well done

Thank you! Looking forward to see what NFGT artifacts you will craft!

Great video! Very original and genuine. I give it [emoji1303] [emoji1303]

Appreciate the positive feedback Special K! I was a little hesitant to post it. The professional videos are so well put together. Also wasn't sure if the adoption idea was too hokey. But it was what spoke to me, so I decided to go for it.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Ha! At my first Rally in Newport Beach I met DBK, AwsumGT, Syco GT, BlackIce, etc. All cool names. Everyone asked me what my real name was. I said Ed Sims & they said "LOL! You used your real name?" I wanted to change it but DBK said everyone knew me so to keep it. They all said Ed Sims sounds like some old fat guy!

Ed

“EdSims” Is much better than 07XL0027. DBK confirmed for me at Petit Le Mans Road Atlanta that I officially have the worst screen name on the Forum.

Great Video Randy and best of luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Best of luck Randy!
I’m rooting for you!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Nice job Randy! Best of luck!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
“EdSims” Is much better than 07XL0027. DBK confirmed for me at Petit Le Mans Road Atlanta that I officially have the worst screen name on the Forum.

Haha. In all seriousness, what does 07XL0027 come from? Is it a partial VIN?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before I met Ed, he sent me a bunch of "Ferrari Slayer" FGT decals (over 10 years ago). I had this vision of a short white dude who was a dentist. Turns out he's this natty dressing, martini swigging, trendy fashionista who races motos on the side.

Before I met 07XL0027, I thought Chris was some sort of cyborg with a serial port in the back of his head:lol

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Good luck Randy. Thanks for sharing your video.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
very cool, good luck.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Atta boy Randy. Great job.

Chip

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Love the creativity and the passion Randy. Best of luck to you!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I love seeing all these different approaches. Good luck Randy!

Equally as fun as seeing all the different builds that people are coming up with! Thanks BtwoG!

Very creative Randy, and I hope you are selected!

Thanks! Glad you liked it. Best of luck to you as well.

Best of luck Randy!

I’m rooting for you!

Thank you Ron! Thanks for hijacking a cart and hauling us around at Circuit of the Americas during Rally 11. Good times!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Good luck Randy. Thanks for sharing your video.

very cool, good luck.

Thanks for taking a look ByeEnzo and CJ428, and I definitely appreciate the support and feedback!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Before I met Ed, he sent me a bunch of "Ferrari Slayer" FGT decals (over 10 years ago). I had this vision of a short white dude who was a dentist.

You guys are killing me with the "Ed Sims" stories!!! A crack up. Since I met Ed at my very first Rally, Rally II, I've always just known him as who he is. Super chill dude with beach volleyball slaying awesome wife Heidi.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Love the creativity and the passion Randy. Best of luck to you!

Karl - Fun times cruising the Circuit of Americas with you in Syco GT. Loving all your insight and stories about several generations of Ford GT's. Years from now, people will continue reading and enjoying your stories.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Haha. In all seriousness, what does 07XL0027 come from? Is it a partial VIN?

Ding ding ding Randy. If this were a contest you would win. It was the number on the dash plaque of my 2007 Shelby GT500. I sent it to Shelby in Vegas to do a 40th Anniversary conversion package on my car and they added "their" serial number to the vehicle. 07 = 2007
XL = Roman numeral 40 for 40th anniversary and 0027 is the 27th car built in the series. When I joined the forum in 2012 I just picked a login name I knew no one would have. I didn't realize how important it was to have a good screen name.

Attachments

• 07 Shelby.jpg
    07 Shelby.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC00586.JPG
    DSC00586.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 59

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Before I met Ed, he sent me a bunch of "Ferrari Slayer" FGT decals (over 10 years ago). I had this vision of a short white dude who was a dentist. Turns out he's this natty dressing, martini swigging, trendy fashionista who races motos on the side.

Before I met 07XL0027, I thought Chris was some sort of cyborg with a serial port in the back of his head:lol
That's actually true. I am Borg.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Ding ding ding Randy. If this were a contest you would win. It was the number on the dash plaque of my 2007 Shelby GT500. I sent it to Shelby in Vegas to do a 40th Anniversary conversion package on my car and they added "their" serial number to the vehicle. 07 = 2007
XL = Roman numeral 40 for 40th anniversary and 0027 is the 27th car built in the series. When I joined the forum in 2012 I just picked a login name I knew no one would have. I didn't realize how important it was to have a good screen name.

Man, I always thought it had to do with you being a secret agent...:secret: or a cyborg.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I’m pulling for you Randy. You deserve a NGT,

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Atta boy Randy. Great job.

Chip

Thank you Chip. I have deep appreciation and gratitude for the love and support you have clearly shown for myself and for the members of the FGT Forum.