Ford GT Price Hike? (New $1M+ MSRP?!)

Fordari

Nov 21, 2017
Metro Detroit/Bay Area
So I was finishing my Ford GT application tonight when I stumbled across this outrageous number here. Estimated MSRP €910,000. Did Ford just hike the price up without telling anyone? I know there is a slight price increase from the 2017 to 2018 model years of about $50k. But $500k? That's shocking! I did some searching and it seems as though nobody has mentioned this.

What do you all think of this? Is it a glitch? Is this pricing for Europe only? Do you think Ford is trying to capitalize on money they may have left on the table at the $500k price?

UzCnPZ0h.jpg

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Where are you getting this? Why is your application in English but reflecting a price in Euros? The UK application pages reflect a GBP price, and all the other EU countries I checked 1) are in the language of their respective market and b) have a price starting with a 5.

Did you photoshop that? I'm not kidding. I just don't want to waste my time talking to people about this if it's a joke.

Fordari

Nov 21, 2017
Metro Detroit/Bay Area
I'm not sure why it is like this. I'm located in the US so I'm confused as to why it would be in euro. Here is the link where I found it. And no, it's not photoshop.

I'm pretty sure it is a glitch. Just scared me.

https://www.fordgt.com/campaignlibs/content/brand_ford/en_ie/performance/gt/application/welcome.html

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm not sure why it is like this. I'm located in the US so I'm confused as to why it would be in euro. Here is the link where I found it. And no, it's not photoshop.

I'm pretty sure it is a glitch. Just scared me.

https://www.fordgt.com/campaignlibs/content/brand_ford/en_ie/performance/gt/application/welcome.html

Somehow you're coming up at the Ireland page.

Fordari

Nov 21, 2017
Metro Detroit/Bay Area
Somehow you're coming up at the Ireland page.

You're right. I only figured that out after I submitted the app and it redirected me to the Irish Ford site.

Crisis averted.

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
How much is the suggested increase in different markets anyway? I checked for the UK and it's now up to £555k from £520k for 2018 and £480k for 2017

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
+10% in the USA, and they hiked a ton of the option prices. Who cares, the car is priceless!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think I've seen Fordari at C&C events in the SF Bay area. He lives in NorCal.

Ed

Fordari

Nov 21, 2017
Metro Detroit/Bay Area
I think I've seen Fordari at C&C events in the SF Bay area. He lives in NorCal.

Ed

You probably have! Love going to those events.