Ford GT Application Deadline

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Lots of ingenuity, creativity and passion on this link.. Good luck everyone may everyone’s dreams come true!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Here's a page with just a random selection of the videos I've seen thus far.

Lotta great people that want this car.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/2018/12/08/ford-gt-application-videos/

The task of going through all these applications must be time consuming and difficult process
I would like to be a fly on the wall as these decisions are discussed and selections are made.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
amazing that one has to submit an application to get to spend over five hundred thousand dollars!!!!

Better than the alternative, which is no application and double that amount...

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
anybody wanna take a guess on which application process received more applications,this or the one 2 years ago?It seems to me a lot more people applied this time around.I have come across many enthusiasts applying that aren't even on this forum.Best of luck to all the members on this forum!

Russ Oasis

GT Owner
Dec 28, 2005
Miami, FL
I have a really good feeling that the first screen Ford will use to narrow the list down will be to start with those who have owned since new in 2005 and 06 and still own their cars. It exemplifies that they are not "flippers," and that's a great thing. Good luck to all. I can only hope that we all get one.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I have come across many enthusiasts applying that aren't even on this forum.Best of luck to all the members on this forum!

If they are not on the forum, are they really enthusiasts? I kid. I kid. ;)

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
<<start with those who have owned since new in 2005 and 06 and still own their cars. It exemplifies that they are not "flippers," and that's a great thing>>>

That's a good point.

I did notice on the application, in the Ford GT ownership sections , it was explicitly asked if car was purchased new or preowned, so it must carry some weight.

oceanside gt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Thank you DBK for your wisdom & everything you do for the Forum and it's members! It is appreciated.
Good luck to the Forum members and their applications!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Here's a page with just a random selection of the videos I've seen thus far.

Lotta great people that want this car.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/2018/12/08/ford-gt-application-videos/

Thanks for compiling all the videos in one place. I spent a good bit of time watching them all and enjoyed the creativity. Like Chip said, I also have a massive feeling of gratitude for having a NFGT in my garage. Although this go round I'm a spectator, I can't help having a sense of anticipation for my Forum friends who are applying. Can't wait for April, or whenever the next 600 folks are notified. Good luck and Merry Christmas to all!

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
If they are not on the forum, are they really enthusiasts? I kid. I kid. ;)
True lol but I meant car enthusiasts in general.:cheers

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
FYI: I submitted mine late the evening of Dec 6th. I then wanted to make some changes, and was able to do so the following morning around 11am (EST, not GMT), so it appears that either Ford left the window open a little longer than first announced, or allowed you to make changes after the deadline, after it was successfully submitted. Or maybe they really meant 12:01 pm in the US eastern or central time zone and someone put GMT instead.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Dave, Can you tell us how many applications were submitted?

Thank you,
Joe

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
yes I was curious too, as to how many applications vs how many cars available

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Can't say beyond many thousands more applicants than cars. Sigh.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
That's what I was afraid of.

Joe

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
and how about a guess as to how thousands are coming up with 500 thousand plus dollars to afford one of these cars? Seems to me that at this price there would be a very limited number of people who could afford them, unlike the original 05 06 run

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
and how about a guess as to how thousands are coming up with 500 thousand plus dollars to afford one of these cars? Seems to me that at this price there would be a very limited number of people who could afford them, unlike the original 05 06 run

There are 11 million households in the U.S with investable assets exceeding $1 million.

1,394th place on the Forbes Billionaire list is worth $1.7 billion. There are a thousand more billionaires after that.

This is how Lamborghini is about to sell its 10,000th Aventador, which is now similarly priced.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
and that is just the US.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
A black box process usually provokes many questions.

I remember something like applicants from first application may have a higher chance than newbie applicants. is the number of people that reapplied known ?

Just trying to look smart, in reality I just want to know ... you know !

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I remember DBK saying after the Cena issue that it would make it harder for regular enthusiasts to get a new GT allocation this time around. Is this still the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk