Ford GT Application Deadline

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Ford currently places a zero dollar lien on the purchase and keeps the title for 2 years... guessing that will keep most of the cars in the hands of true Ford GT fans!

Last edited:

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
<<start with those who have owned since new in 2005 and 06 and still own their cars. It exemplifies that they are not "flippers," and that's a great thing>>>

That's a good point.

I did notice on the application, in the Ford GT ownership sections , it was explicitly asked if car was purchased new or preowned, so it must carry some weight.

Hope it carries even more weight this time around.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
well, now Ford places a zero dollar lien on the purchase and keeps the title for 2 years... guessing that will keep most of the cars in the hands of true Ford GT fans!

That's perfect!

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
If Ford keeps the title how do you license it.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
same as you would do with a bank loan. It's a zero dollar lien on the vehicle. Ford gets the title until the end of the 2 year agreement.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Title issued in each State will show a lien to Ford Motor Co. on the title sent to the owner and not a clear title like the 2017’s.

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I am all good with Ford holding the title as we don't plan to sell the car if we get an allocation.

When will Ford notify us if we are getting an allocation? I can not find that date.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
More like 11.5 weeks- April 5th. Not that I'm counting.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I THINK THATS GREAT!
Good move by Ford, in my book! They can hold my title for 10years or 50k miles years if they like!

DG1

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2016
Toronto
Ditto- I’m with you on that roketman!
Sad that it doesn’t seem to be working. Google autotrader.ca and you’ll find a 2018 Heritage for sale in Winnipeg for 1.25.
Would love to have been allocated that car:)
DG1

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ditto- I’m with you on that roketman!
Sad that it doesn’t seem to be working. Google autotrader.ca and you’ll find a 2018 Heritage for sale in Winnipeg for 1.25.
Would love to have been allocated that car:)
DG1

That is not a real car in Canada.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Some states are title holding states for vehicles with liens on them. In those states the title gets sent to Ford. In the other states that aren't, the title gets sent to the owner. In both cases the title has a Ford Motor Company lien placed on it.

Last edited: