9 “workhorse” GT’s in 2003/2004 for preliminary testing Question.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
On page 113 and 114 of the Larry Edsall book on The GT.
I’m seeing pics of one or possible more of the workhorse cars that were tested back in the day.
Were all of them black and if so were all of them black with the Gold BBS?

I’m asking because I don’t recall ever seeing pics of this car except the ones taken by my buddy Kiwi (RIP) when he tested it for Ford back in the day on the West Coast. He told me the one he drove had a non conforming motor but that’s an entirely different subject.

Thnx

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Early WH GT's had 4.6 terminator motors in them. No not all of them were black, one (WH-1) was Red. Kip Ewing took it home one night and he painted it in his garage. This car was then given to Shelby, and was on display at the old Shelby museum. It was there when we had Rally 3. Was fun to see it with the engineering team telling stories about that car. It was not on display at the new location on the strip, and at last rally there we asked if they still had it, they said yes As of a year or so ago, Shelby still has it and it could be bought for $1m (at least thats what Gary Paterson told me last time I saw him and asked about it).

On page 113 and 114 of the Larry Edsall book on The GT.
I’m seeing pics of one or possible more of the workhorse cars that were tested back in the day.
Were all of them black and if so were all of them black with the Gold BBS?

I’m asking because I don’t recall ever seeing pics of this car except the ones taken by my buddy Kiwi (RIP) when he tested it for Ford back in the day on the West Coast. He told me the one he drove had a non conforming motor but that’s an entirely different subject.

Thnx

Pantera1889

Dec 24, 2006
Hampstead,Md
I was at the new Shelby plant on the strip a year and a half ago and the red car was there. I have also seen at least one in the Roush museum in Michigan.

Ron

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Tom Reichenbach saved that car from being cut up
He sold it to Shelby for s dollar!
Mark McGowen spent a lot of time in that car!
Hearing the stories about that car at rally three was awesome

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Thnx for responses. My buddy beat on one of the test mules back in the day and it would be cool to determine which one.