Close

Default Has anyone in NJ had their airbag recall done? - Looking for a dealer recommendation

I'm still getting my monthly letters from Ford admonishing me to get my airbag recall done. I'm the original owner and my car now has 26,000 miles on it but it's never been to a ford dealer for service. I always bring it to Ida Automotive for any service it needs, but he can't do the airbag recall. So, I'm looking for a recommendation of a dealer in central NJ who has already done the recall, preferably one with a GT Technician on site. I also have two local friends with FGT's that are in the same boat, so this makes 3 in my neighborhood, Rumson, NJ. I think the sensible process would be to select a dealer, have them order all the parts, then bang out all three.

GT Owner

I'm in North Jersey in the summer....and I've got no one up there either. Luckily, I winter in Florida and Sarasota Ford's tech is excellent. My airbags are scheduled for January in Sarasota.
    Howard

1953 Nash Rambler Wagon
    1955 Nash Ambassador
    1955 Nash Statesman
    1976 911S Targa
    2001 Audi TT Coupe
    2006 FGT Tungsten #1413
    2016 Cayman GTS

Schultz Ford in Nanuet, NY did mine. Not too far from you. The tech was Billy, but I did it with him and pre blue taped everything and brought my kit of plastic pry tools etc. The owner, Craig owns a GT.
    2006 Ford GT red with 4 options

Just avoid Pleasantville Ford, like the plague!! I had Stamford Ford (CT) do it, they were great!!!! I had been to Pleasantville 3x, and they still couldn't (wouldn't do it).
    2005 GT Wh/Blue pulley,tune,lots of electronic goodies,GT guys cross pipe
    2002 NSX Yellow pretty much stock
    2017 BMW X1 wife's DD
    2015 BWM 650IX Conv my DD

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    I'm still getting my monthly letters from Ford admonishing me to get my airbag recall done. I'm the original owner and my car now has 26,000 miles on it but it's never been to a ford dealer for service. I always bring it to Ida Automotive for any service it needs, but he can't do the airbag recall. So, I'm looking for a recommendation of a dealer in central NJ who has already done the recall, preferably one with a GT Technician on site. I also have two local friends with FGT's that are in the same boat, so this makes 3 in my neighborhood, Rumson, NJ. I think the sensible process would be to select a dealer, have them order all the parts, then bang out all three.
    I couldn't take the almost daily airbag entreaties from Ford any more, so I finally got mine done late this past summer. I went to Fette Ford in Clifton, they are very convenient to the parkway. The owner, John Fette, owns a FGT which is stored in an inflatable storage bag in the service area. I waited for the car, they got it done in about 45 minutes, no issues. I am comfortable recommending them.

Bill

GT Owner

I've had both of mine done at Sea Breeze Ford in Wall, NJ (732) 681-1600.

Joe

JOEA2
    2014 MC LAREN MP4 12C SPIDER
    2012 ASTON MARTIN VIRAGE
    2010 AUDI R8 V-10
    2016 CAYENNE GTS
    2006 FORD GT
    2006 FERRARI F430
    2006 FISKER TRAMONTO
    2002 BMW Z8
    1971 JAGUAR E
    1931 MODEL A

GT Owner

McCafferty Ford in Langhorne, PA. Technician: Tim. Great car guy, and does all their GT work. Showed me the old ones and explained them to me. Flawless job.