Has anyone in NJ had their airbag recall done? - Looking for a dealer recommendation

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
I'm still getting my monthly letters from Ford admonishing me to get my airbag recall done. I'm the original owner and my car now has 26,000 miles on it but it's never been to a ford dealer for service. I always bring it to Ida Automotive for any service it needs, but he can't do the airbag recall. So, I'm looking for a recommendation of a dealer in central NJ who has already done the recall, preferably one with a GT Technician on site. I also have two local friends with FGT's that are in the same boat, so this makes 3 in my neighborhood, Rumson, NJ. I think the sensible process would be to select a dealer, have them order all the parts, then bang out all three.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I'm in North Jersey in the summer....and I've got no one up there either. Luckily, I winter in Florida and Sarasota Ford's tech is excellent. My airbags are scheduled for January in Sarasota.

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Schultz Ford in Nanuet, NY did mine. Not too far from you. The tech was Billy, but I did it with him and pre blue taped everything and brought my kit of plastic pry tools etc. The owner, Craig owns a GT.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Just avoid Pleasantville Ford, like the plague!! I had Stamford Ford (CT) do it, they were great!!!! I had been to Pleasantville 3x, and they still couldn't (wouldn't do it).

Boomster

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 29, 2016
I'm still getting my monthly letters from Ford admonishing me to get my airbag recall done. I'm the original owner and my car now has 26,000 miles on it but it's never been to a ford dealer for service. I always bring it to Ida Automotive for any service it needs, but he can't do the airbag recall. So, I'm looking for a recommendation of a dealer in central NJ who has already done the recall, preferably one with a GT Technician on site. I also have two local friends with FGT's that are in the same boat, so this makes 3 in my neighborhood, Rumson, NJ. I think the sensible process would be to select a dealer, have them order all the parts, then bang out all three.

I couldn't take the almost daily airbag entreaties from Ford any more, so I finally got mine done late this past summer. I went to Fette Ford in Clifton, they are very convenient to the parkway. The owner, John Fette, owns a FGT which is stored in an inflatable storage bag in the service area. I waited for the car, they got it done in about 45 minutes, no issues. I am comfortable recommending them.

Bill

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I've had both of mine done at Sea Breeze Ford in Wall, NJ (732) 681-1600.

Joe

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
McCafferty Ford in Langhorne, PA. Technician: Tim. Great car guy, and does all their GT work. Showed me the old ones and explained them to me. Flawless job.