Anyone have a new OEM clutch assembly to loan?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Apparently, the Ford dealer parts supply system is out of clutch assemblies due to a supplier problem. On back order. Does anyone have a spare they would be willing to ship and have replaced when the supply system catches up? Or sell outright?

I'm asking for my Ford dealer. Not my car. :lol

P.S. I checked with Northwood GT already.

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Just buy a spec clutch and can be their lowest hp model. I'm a dealer if you can not find a oem one. I would also bet that oem ones are not gonna be around much longer.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Again, not my car. Customer wants an OEM clutch and, understandably, a Ford dealer wants to install (and warranty) Ford parts.

Why wouldn't stock clutches be available? AP going to stop supplying an OEM?

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Again, not my car. Customer wants an OEM clutch and, understandably, a Ford dealer wants to install (and warrantee) Ford parts.

Why wouldn't stock clutches be available? AP going to stop supplying an OEM?

ford will only produce that stuff for so long.

Oct 18, 2018
I bought last clutch oem ,on ebay new in box . And I am putting it on mine . I had spec clutch and when I call to buy disc only they could never give me answer . So I bought oem .and I don’t know why ford don’t have much parts for this cars . At least they can make it and charge you a very expensive price but it should be available. I bought years ago a fuel gage and it cost me 750 dollars and the box said made in Mexico. How is that possible ? For what the car represents it should be made everything in USA . No exemptions. But now you can not ,even get it from Mexico .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I bought last clutch oem ,on ebay new in box . And I am putting it on mine . I had spec clutch and when I call to buy disc only they could never give me answer . So I bought oem .and I don’t know why ford don’t have much parts for this cars . At least they can make it and charge you a very expensive price but it should be available. I bought years ago a fuel gage and it cost me 750 dollars and the box said made in Mexico. How is that possible ? For what the car represents it should be made everything in USA . No exemptions. But now you can not ,even get it from Mexico .

https://www.autometer.com/news/index/view/id/15

Oct 18, 2018
I found this on web . They got a clutch you can check if still available
2c308647ebd2e2d0479976f7ad10117b.jpg
d1cf025bbc1aeb1904f865823ae86e92.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Thank you! That is the business of forum member Northwood GT (Scott Minch).

I checked with him earlier and he is out of stock and confirmed the Ford back order.

By the way, I bought OEM clutch assembly, throwout bearing/slave cylinder, flywheel, and pilot bearing from Scott some time ago at a very good price.

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
I have two used original clutch sets w/ flywheel that I bought years ago from a tuner in Houston years ago, taken off new or near new cars in the 2006 time frame. A Ford dealer in Houston where this tuner previously worked was selling a performance package upgrade for FGT that involved an aftermarket clutch among other things (probably pulley and tune) - before people realized the stock clutch was fine for that. So I'm sitting on these two and I doubt I will need them so one if not both are for sale ~ $1800 / set. Also of course I still have Ford Racing shifters and knobs. Email me if interested