TRAILER FOR NEW GT

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ironically I do winch in the 05, nicer on the clutch. The 18 so far I have driven in. A note, I put it in wet mode. The throttle application is softer, and easier in the tight confines of the trailers.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Great idea.:agree: The throttle is a tad bit touchy when loading.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I owe the credit to a Ford engineer.

Great idea.:agree: The throttle is a tad bit touchy when loading.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
In my single car trailer the GT door opens 90 percent at the correct hauling position, no problem. I haul it on the top in the stacker and had to get inventive. I pull it in till I can open the door about 70 percent, leave running in park. Then I hook up the winch, I have 2 aluminum canes, I reach in and push the break and reach in and put in neutral. Winch another 2 feet and reach in with cane to push the start bottom the car goes to park and sets the emergency brake. To get it out I reach in and press the break with 1 cane and push the start botton with the other cane. Once it is started I press the break with the cane, reach in and put in neutral then release the parking break. Can unload with winch or get in car and back out. Sounds hard but after a couple times it is very quick and easy.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I just figured out my featherlight trailer I have about an inch on each side next to the wheel wells from the body so I think with Using the winch I should be OK

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
30 minutes ago we unloaded Franks New baby at Tint World in a beautiful new Jimglow trailer being pulled by a 1/2 Ford Pickup!

My JimGlo is phenomenal! I can’t say enough about how easy it is to load my GT and all the well thought out features.

You can get an AL treadplate floor as an option which is what I opted for.

It isn’t cheap but having raced and used many trailers for 5 years I can assure it is one of the best you can buy! And I have no benefit from recommending them.

Thanks, Frank

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Loading the New GT into a trailer or even onto a lift in the WET mode makes it a lot easier and less lurching and jumping! I have taken pictures of Franks trailer and it is a nice Jimglow 28 ft.

Attachments

• 8B9680FD-B6EB-4BE7-9EDD-BECBC8176118.jpg
    8B9680FD-B6EB-4BE7-9EDD-BECBC8176118.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 180

Fordcarsforfun

GT Owner
Apr 13, 2016
Just curious what you guys are using for trailers for the new GT?
Anyone using a Jimglo?
Recommendations welcome.
Will it fit in my inclosed Featherlite?
I bought a Mission trailer that is very close to the Jimglo for half the price but I'm not happy with how it tows. The side door is to far back to load it all the way forward and still open door 100%. I love the trailer except for that. If they would move the axles back slightly or put door forward slightly it would give more tongue weight and would pull better.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I will say that the JimGlo is an excellent trailer and there are no questions as to whether or not it will be exactly right. I've probably loaded new GTs in and out of them at least 40 times. It's a cinch. Done in minutes, plenty of space, and the trailer is super nice and well built.

Personally, I cannot spend that amount of money on something that lacks its own powertrain, but objectively, it's an extremely nice trailer tailored specifically for this car. Order of magnitude nicer than the Trailex I had.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I bought a Mission trailer that is very close to the Jimglo for half the price but I'm not happy with how it tows. The side door is to far back to load it all the way forward and still open door 100%. I love the trailer except for that. If they would move the axles back slightly or put door forward slightly it would give more tongue weight and would pull better.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I bought a Mission and have the same issue with the side door. The '18 GT with the doors swinging up and forward want to hit the side doors vertical frame when the car is far enough forward to displace enough tongue weight. When you get the weight forward It tows fantastic. It tows my '62 Vette and '05 perfect and it tows my buddies '18 Z06 great as well. My solution is my buddy is purchasing the trailer and Mission is building me a new trailer with a 9' door (standard is '8) and they are moving it forward. Other than that it's a fantastic trailer. I paid 17k.

Attachments

• 20160427_120911.jpg
    20160427_120911.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 20160428_070613.jpg
    20160428_070613.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 145
  • 20160428_070540.jpg
    20160428_070540.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 20160428_121658.jpg
    20160428_121658.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 145

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
My trailer is orange with a large Reliable logo on the side! Lot's of room inside for your car & a few friend's cars!

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_6543.jpg
    IMG_6543.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 248

jlhoyt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 2, 2017
SE Michigan
I've had this trailer setup for a little while before getting my NFGT to help transport a few other stable mates more easily. The load and unload times are a little longer due to the strapping down of the car on the Rail Ryder system, but to me that doesn't matter. The ease of loading/unloading outweighs everything else.

A couple brief reviews....

inTech Trailers - this has to be the best quality trailer I've had so far. It wasn't cheap. But well worth the cost in my opinion. Also, their customer service post sale is great... which in my book is gold!

Rail Ryder - the engineering on this system is excellent. The guy that owns the company is great to work with and if you pickup the trailer directly from him, like I did, he'll walk you thru lots of how-to's on his system and the trailer as well.

I've also seen and helped load/unload the Jimglo trailer and its also a very good trailer quality wise...plus the GT's fit in it perfectly.

Now onto some pics of my setup....

Attachments

• IMG_8132.jpg
    IMG_8132.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_8133.jpg
    IMG_8133.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_8135.jpg
    IMG_8135.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
inTech is would be my choice if I was getting a "no holds barred" trailer. They are the only trailer I have seen that really seems different. Jimglo, Featherlite, and other high end trailers are for sure very very nice as well, but the inTech would be my choice.

Awesome trailer, thanks for sharing.

inTech Trailers - this has to be the best quality trailer I've had so far. It wasn't cheap.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Looks like my car is going to just fit on my Featherlite by an inch on each side of the wheel wells.Going to winch it in and out.Carefully!

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Looks like my car is going to just fit on my Featherlite by an inch on each side of the wheel wells.Going to winch it in and out.Carefully!

Do you have side doors? Do you tie down over the tires or through the wheels with a soft cloth? What I have heard without side doors, its difficult to get to sides and go over the wheels? With my 05 I go through the wheels so not an issue as I also winch in...

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
inTech is would be my choice if I was getting a "no holds barred" trailer. They are the only trailer I have seen that really seems different. Jimglo, Featherlite, and other high end trailers are for sure very very nice as well, but the inTech would be my choice.

Here is a trailer manufacturer I recently came across. I haven't spoken with them yet; however, their reputation in the horse trailer market is exceptional and they are selling $100,000 horse trailers. All Aluminum and centrally located in Oklahoma, similar to In Tech. You will note they spec all their trailers with .50 skin aluminum both inside and out. This is where MFG cut corners along with I beam sizes.. JIMGLO doesn't disclose their info in their spec sheet. Hmm???

http://www.sundownertrailer.com/tlr-RaceSeries.html

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Your not asking me, but Ill answer what works for me. Over the wheel with no access doors. The NGT is low enough I can reach down from the top to reach the tie down point that is in front (of rear wheel) or rear point (for the front wheel). Roketman doesn't have his NGT yet, but intends to use over the wheel.

Chip installed small ~12" x 12" doors (think snowmobile refueling doors) to provide easier access.

Do you tie down over the tires or through the wheels with a soft cloth? What I have heard without side doors, its difficult to get to sides and go over the wheels?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
i think I'll be able to use the Etrack over the wheels without to much difficulty

DJC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 13, 2017
Central CT
I use the etrack and over the wheels straps and it works good.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan

I have been waiting for my very simalar inTech from Victory since initial order end of August. Great dealer and manufacturer just to many people have also found this out. I went with the extra wide and side escape door.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk