TRAILER FOR NEW GT

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Just curious what you guys are using for trailers for the new GT?
Anyone using a Jimglo?
Recommendations welcome.
Will it fit in my inclosed Featherlite?

Last edited:

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Good Question, as I also am curious.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I got a quote from Jimglo.
Nice but it wasn't for me.

Jimglo, Very nice people and it sounds like high quality but mainly designed for dealers to do local deliveries. Light Flooring, only in white, no dealers for service or delivery, have to go to AZ to pick up. 35k + delivery and very basic.

I am having a special wide body Intech built and I spend a fair amout of time getting the GT specs to them for smooth loading. Fully loaded with escape side and matching colors to my CS NFGT.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
30 minutes ago we unloaded Franks New baby at Tint World in a beautiful new Jimglow trailer being pulled by a 1/2 Ford Pickup!

Attachments

• 37CC8253-1DDE-47B2-96F9-81224FBB5793.jpg
    37CC8253-1DDE-47B2-96F9-81224FBB5793.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:

nemesisgt

GT Owner
Apr 29, 2018
I picked up a 26' Quest CH405 to haul my GT, fits like a glove. Plenty of remaining room in the front for tires and operating in the work bench area. Trailer rides really smooth with the triple axle.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Tom
Tell me more about your trailer

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I either need to borrow/rent a trailer or drive everywhere.

Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
It fits in "normal" trailers. I have had the NGT in both of ours. However its tight ~1-2" on each side from the GT wheel to the trailer fender wells. One major deal breaker for many, have to get in / out through the window. Id love a fancy trailer, but these are what I own, and just dont want to spend $35-50k on a trailer.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I modified my 24' ATC trailer with extra access doors on both sides to make it easy to get to the E-track tire tie-downs. It was difficult squeezing between the trailer wall and the FGT to install the tire baskets/straps. Now it's a breeze to place the baskets over the tires and attach the E-track brackets to the floor. The aluminum inside fender well is removable for opening the low FGT door making it easy to enter and exit the FGT.

Attachments

• ATC w Cobra 1.jpg
    ATC w Cobra 1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 403
  • ATC Left Side2.jpg
    ATC Left Side2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 405

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
It fits in "normal" trailers. I have had the NGT in both of ours. However its tight ~1-2" on each side from the GT wheel to the trailer fender wells. One major deal breaker for many, have to get in / out through the window. Id love a fancy trailer, but these are what I own, and just dont want to spend $35-50k on a trailer.

Yikes! My trailer was half that cost and heavily modified.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas

I remember the first utility trailer i bought. $1800.00 18 foor long with a tilt bed... thought I would never get my money out of it. That was 16 years ago and I am still using it... Many may be faced with thes same decison so here's a thought.... if you spend $575,000 on a car... whats another 7-10% of the value to insure your prize possession is safe and gets around ok? $15,000 for stripes, $20,000 for wheels and tires etc.... its all relative or rather in perspective. How much would a repair to the seat or the paint be if accidently scratched or torn crawling out of the car? Modify what you have or buy the fancy trailer...

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Tom
Tell me more about your trailer
It's a lot of info, so i can email you the prints and specs. Fully loaded but all alum with extruded aluminum floor ramps. Special Wide body option adds a few more inches. Silver with CF dual wide stripes and black out trim and wheels. I almost went with the rail ryder powered track system but didn't (load the car out side and tie down in carriage then hit a button and it automatically loads into trailer) I can add it to the wide body later if I want.

Rail Ryder instruction video
https://youtu.be/X0KF2LAXTrA

Last edited:

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
Just curious what you guys are using for trailers for the new GT?
Anyone using a Jimglo?
Recommendations welcome.
Will it fit in my inclosed Featherlite?

The JimGlo is truly a phenomenal trailer! It far exceeded my expectations.

So easy to load and unload my GT.

It isn’t cheap but it is definitely worth it!

Frank the Tank

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
I found this system last year when I was looking.

This is an incredibly slick system. The car rides on rails into your trailer.

https://railryder.com/

https://youtu.be/LMa2wBCtLSY[video]https://youtu.be/KJ__8EYh4IE[/video]

Last edited:

DJC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 13, 2017
Central CT
I have an ATC 21' 5th wheel. I had them add extra wide side doors on both sides so that I could get out of the car and also easily strap the tires down to e-tracks. They also pushed out the wheels on the trailer by about an inch. With the inner fender guards out I can open both GT doors without a problem.

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware

Deciding how to trailer a NFGT sounds like a high-class problem to me! Lol! I can only hope that I may have such a "problem" one day!

I am 62 years-old and still (barely) limber enough to climb out of a window after pulling a car into my trailer. However, I find it fairly simple to winch my '06 GT into my trailer by using the towing eye. Couldn't the NFGT be winched in as well? Note: I do seem to recall someone mentioning that it is not so easy to roll the NFGT freely... due to a transaxle complication of some sort(???).

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Deciding how to trailer a NFGT sounds like a high-class problem to me! Lol! I can only hope that I may have such a "problem" one day!

I am 62 years-old and still (barely) limber enough to climb out of a window after pulling a car into my trailer. However, I find it fairly simple to winch my '06 GT into my trailer by using the towing eye. Couldn't the NFGT be winched in as well? Note: I do seem to recall someone mentioning that it is not so easy to roll the NFGT freely... due to a transaxle complication of some sort(???).

You can winch the new GT in very easily, by putting it in neutral and releasing the brake. The problem is after 30 minutes the GT puts itself in park. I use the emergency release handle for the transaxle to allow me to roll the car out of the trailer without accessing the drivers compartment. I use a piece of 2x4
cut to the right length to hold the transmission handle in the "release" position and then roll the car out using gravity and the winch. I raise the tongue enough to ensure the car will roll out of the trailer. With this approach you don't need to have a side door to access the passenger compartment. Make sure that the 2x4 and handle are removed before starting the car! I think that handle may release the clutch but not sure of that. I have done it several times without issue.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I modified my 24' ATC trailer with extra access doors on both sides to make it easy to get to the E-track tire tie-downs. It was difficult squeezing between the trailer wall and the FGT to install the tire baskets/straps. Now it's a breeze to place the baskets over the tires and attach the E-track brackets to the floor. The aluminum inside fender well is removable for opening the low FGT door making it easy to enter and exit the FGT.

Thats awesome, is there a specific company you used to do the modifications? Would you be willing to share the costs for opening up the side like that? I am trying to decide whether to buy a new trailer or just modify my current one.

Thanks, Mike

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
You can winch the new GT in very easily, by putting it in neutral and releasing the brake. The problem is after 30 minutes the GT puts itself in park. I use the emergency release handle for the transaxle to allow me to roll the car out of the trailer without accessing the drivers compartment. I use a piece of 2x4
cut to the right length to hold the transmission handle in the "release" position and then roll the car out using gravity and the winch. I raise the tongue enough to ensure the car will roll out of the trailer. With this approach you don't need to have a side door to access the passenger compartment. Make sure that the 2x4 and handle are removed before starting the car! I think that handle may release the clutch but not sure of that. I have done it several times without issue.

Thanks, Cobra498, it is good to know what is possible!