Best wrap for NGT

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
So still do not have Vin # yet for NGT ,but am looking into the best wrap Xpel or Suntek. Has anyone had better results with one over the other. Any info would be very helpful.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have Xpel, and very happy with it, especially the quality of the installation. I hear Suntek is a bit "smoother", but is also thinner (less impact protection).

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I used X-pel. But as Andy stated, the installation is key.
Also, as more NFGT's are wrapped, the templates and techniques are both improving . Xpel also comes in varying thicknesses.
We did the top painted surfaces in .008 inch thick and the lower black rockers etc in .010 inch thick. We tried .030 inch thick on the lowers but it was too thick to follow the contours properly.
Andy (ajb)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I have Suntek Ultra with multiple layers in high impact areas. 3M has a brand new film out that’s really good too. Your installer is more important than the film. Most installers have a film that they are more comfortable and familiar working with and so that’s the one to use. Make sure the film you choose is self healing. Repairing paint on a new GT would be difficult and some of the wilder off pallet colors are very difficult to match. Cheers.

Chip

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I used XPel ultimate and my installer uses either XPel or Suntek ultimate and says both are very good and equal. The secret to the wrap was stated very well by the above owners! INSTILLATION is the secret and useing full sheets of product is also good as it can be rolled under areas and sealed to where lines are not seen. That is important? Some patterns are cut short and can’t be tucked under and wrapped around contours of the GT. Find a very good installer and look at his work on all types of cars because all are different with some very difficult lines? The McClaren 720S has very difficult lines to wrap and a challenge to installers. That’s not to say the Ford GT is easy because it’s not and to have it completely covered to where you don’t see the lines I’d a talent! Good luck and find the best for this beautiful piece of Art!

Attachments

• DF37FA00-8A81-4DF3-B3C0-A4ACA7ABCF71.jpg
    DF37FA00-8A81-4DF3-B3C0-A4ACA7ABCF71.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Expel ultimate. Seems to be the most popular in the St Louis area. Can get Suntek but no where near as popular. You need to find Clear plex for the windshield. I also had the side glass done with some ceramic film to keep out u v I have the usual places double coated.