Ford GT Heritage Dyno Test

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Laying down the numbers,,

Who will be the first to MOD their NFGT?

https://www.motor1.com/news/275916/ford-gt-heritage-edition-dyno/amp/

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Contrary to what the article says I think it sounds pretty darn good!

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Contrary to what the article says I think it sounds pretty darn good!

Can’t agree with you more...... these are truly a fine specimen of a Supercar.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Exhaust note sounds even better from the seat.!
Ajb(andy)

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Great dyno video. We all know the NFGTs strengths are not in a straight line, but the fact that it can beat up on a new ZR1 (Brooks' video) and a Huracan show that it is punching above its weight.

Somehow I missed Brooks' delivery video until last night. It was cool to hear the delivery concierge review all the features.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
10% drivetrain loss is exactly what folk usually use as an estimate, good to see it confirmed

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
Why do shops still use "STD" correction factors? And no fans on the intercoolers. :facepalm:

Where do these "journalists" come from?

"Another thing we are wondering is how can Ford sell a stock Mustang with 700 hp (522 kW) for less than $100,000 but this half-a-million-dollar car (that, by the way, looks stunning) doesn’t exceed 600 hp (447 kW)."

wheel hp =/= bhp :facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2006
[video=youtube;j6DSfNkM1Tw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6DSfNkM1Tw[/video]

We just completed the first oil and filter change and had the belly pans off the car. So our guys decided to put it on the dyno. Pretty strong power at the wheels in my opinion. Our senior calibrator looked at the stock tune and logs and believes there is more power available especially in the mid-range. If anyone wants a tune, feel free to DM or call me. My Heritage is stock for now...

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Let me know when you do the mods John! I'm excited to see how it goes! If all is well then Stormcat may also do it.

Ed

Mar 15, 2006
Let me know when you do the mods John! I'm excited to see how it goes! If all is well then Stormcat may also do it.

Ed

Ed, sounds good. Had dinner with your neighbor DQ and his wife along with Sanjay this past weekend in Austin. He is a huge fan of yours!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ed, sounds good. Had dinner with your neighbor DQ and his wife along with Sanjay this past weekend in Austin. He is a huge fan of yours!

Yes, my neighbor DeWayne is moving to Austin. First Bonehead & Chempowr now my neighbor! Texas is taking all my car buddies! And I know Tomy will say for me to move also but I am staying in California (AJB wants me to move to Michigan). I know my high taxes are contributing to California's economy and that gives my life meaning & purpose! LOL!

Ed

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Great dyno video. We all know the NFGTs strengths are not in a straight line

Funny how a factory 10 sec car can be considered to not be a phenomenal straight line performer in 2018. It's still within the neighborhood of anything short of a 720S.

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
Funny how a factory 10 sec car can be considered to not be a phenomenal straight line performer in 2018. It's still within the neighborhood of anything short of a 720S.

Agreed, not to long ago a 12 second showroom stock car was considered very fast.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
demon ruined it for anything that costs more than 200k

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Yes, my neighbor DeWayne is moving to Austin. First Bonehead & Chempowr now my neighbor! Texas is taking all my car buddies! And I know Tomy will say for me to move also but I am staying in California (AJB wants me to move to Michigan). I know my high taxes are contributing to California's economy and that gives my life meaning & purpose! LOL!

Ed

Hang in there Ed, I need a shoulder to cry on when I pay my taxes!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Maybe it's time for all of us Californians to move to Texas!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Is the whole state on fire?
Better move before you get burned.
Hope you guys are all safe.
Snowing in Michigan.
Andy (ajb)

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana

Florida ain't bad...just saying...

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Florida ain't bad...just saying...

Mike: When is the next hurricane?

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
It looks like they already are.