Cant wait for the new GT500

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
This older GT500 VS Helcat. Just wait for the new 700HP.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/

Reactions: Iconic GT

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Yep, the next GT500 should be great!

That video in the link by Brooks with Demon vs. NSX is pretty cool. Not that surprised that NSX beat Demon from standing start, but that was an ass-kicking.

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
*edit- see below

Yes, I am anxious, too, for more news about the new GT500!

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Yep, the next GT500 should be great!

That video in the link by Brooks with Demon vs. NSX is pretty cool. Not that surprised that NSX beat Demon from standing start, but that was an ass-kicking.

I am a big fan of Brooks and the DragTimes videos. However, I have to say- the Demons shown around the 'net sure seem like a different car than the Demons I know. Driver familiarity with the car is key. I have a relatively "slow" home dragstrip, and even with DA in the 1000-2000 range, now that I am used to the car, I get consistent 10.0x's with a full-weight car (which would be in the 9.60-9.80's if I had a car equipped without the extra seats, leather, audio system, etc and was running with good DA). It is painful for Demon owners who regularly drag race their car to watch people (who always somehow end up all over the internet) do the Demon a gross disservice. I dunno, maybe there are some factory dogs out there, but I think it is mostly the operator. Especially if the driver isn't used to playing with a Demon on the street, they should be sure to stick with racing only at the dragstrip, where the Demon can better prove it's worth. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Special K

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Clint, I think the answer is simple. The Demon is old school and requires skill to drive well, whereas the NSX is a computerized car requiring less skill to drive well. When everyone pretends to be an expert, the real experts are hard to identify.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Clint, I think the answer is simple. The Demon is old school and requires skill to drive well, whereas the NSX is a computerized car requiring less skill to drive well. When everyone pretends to be an expert, the real experts are hard to identify.

Thanks Paul. I’m not particularly skilled, but I do have the seat-time that seems to be necessary to extract the potential from the car (along with some knowledge about proper rear tire pressure for the given tires and track conditions, choosing your battles carefully, not racing with the windows down, etc). :cheers

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks Paul. I’m not particularly skilled, but I do have the seat-time that seems to be necessary to extract the potential from the car (along with some knowledge about proper rear tire pressure for the given tires and track conditions, choosing your battles carefully, not racing with the windows down, etc). :cheers

A GT showed up at our local Cars and Coffee with extended wheel studs, open lug nuts and race rubber. I hadn’t seen the car before nor met the owner. I spoke to the owner and we discussed his track experience. He told me the GT wasn’t nearly as fast on track as his Brand X supercar. I asked him if he compared them with the nannies off the Brand X car. When he said no, I politely suggested that perhaps it was him, and not the GT, that wasn’t nearly as fast. The point is that the new cars make everyone look good. The people with real talent can actually drive a car fast.

Reactions: Ed Sims and Stef

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
A GT showed up at our local Cars and Coffee with extended wheel studs, open lug nuts and race rubber. I hadn’t seen the car before nor met the owner. I spoke to the owner and we discussed his track experience. He told me the GT wasn’t nearly as fast on track as his Brand X supercar. I asked him if he compared them with the nannies off the Brand X car. When he said no, I politely suggested that perhaps it was him, and not the GT, that wasn’t nearly as fast. The point is that the new cars make everyone look good. The people with real talent can actually drive a car fast.

:lol You lawyers are so good at diplomatically saying what the rest of us would love to be able to!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
:lol You lawyers are so good at diplomatically saying what the rest of us would love to be able to!

I’m sure that was exactly what he was thinking. Lol

Let’s be completely honest. Most modern high-performance cars are built for no-talent wankers so they can think they’re actually doing something. “Oh, look at the 60’ that 720s/GTR/NSX/etc. driver was able to pull” said no one ever.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I’m sure that was exactly what he was thinking. Lol

Let’s be completely honest. Most modern high-performance cars are built for no-talent wankers so they can think they’re actually doing something. “Oh, look at the 60’ that 720s/GTR/NSX/etc. driver was able to pull” said no one ever.

lol

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Here it is.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1547422738571.jpg
    FB_IMG_1547422738571.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 213
  • FB_IMG_1547422746848.jpg
    FB_IMG_1547422746848.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 207
  • FB_IMG_1547422761045.jpg
    FB_IMG_1547422761045.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 203
  • FB_IMG_1547422754012.jpg
    FB_IMG_1547422754012.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 199

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
I’m already a fan! Looks menacing. Can’t wait to learn more. Have they announced official power output, boost level, performance stats anywhere yet?

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Carbon fiber driveshaft! I have it on my GT350 as an aftermarket part. Is this the first time an OEM supplied a CF driveshaft?

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Carbon fiber driveshaft! I have it on my GT350 as an aftermarket part. Is this the first time an OEM supplied a CF driveshaft?

I think my 2014 GT500 has a factory CF Driveshaft .

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I think my 2014 GT500 has a factory CF Driveshaft .

Yes. The 2013-2014 GT500s have a CF driveshaft.

The 2020 GT500 has a DCT. Upping the ante.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
BMW M3/4's have too

Is this the first time an OEM supplied a CF driveshaft?

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I want one...
Any chance of getting in line somewhere?

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I wouldn't turn it on until closer to 9.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Hackett driving a virtual podium down the street. :facepalm: :rofl

Capture.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Ed Sims