Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GT Owner

Yes belts are dated, and the time is up to 5 years. Frank, no vendors that I know of will reweb belts. Have to buy new. All webbed products are dated. I just had our Hans straps changed, and recertified.

Looked on my invoice
    Anchors are 1,500.00 now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    What ever it is...it's just got to go faster

Andy, I got my belts from Safecraft, the fire extinguisher people. At the time they said they would replace the nylon webbing belts since they are custom ordered to my specs; however, they have since changed hands and are now out of one of the Chicago suburbs. I will start looking into it soon when I am in the windy for a birthday. Will also be attending PRI in Indy in early Dec. will see and report.

The comments I'Ve heard have not been complimentary about the Sparco belts. My invoice for the anchors was $500.

GT Owner

Totally understood. Scroth has been my go to for the race cars, and they wont. I just gave a pile away to someone to put into a Jeep. Have tossed before that. Seems super wasteful (oh crap sound like my parents). For giggles, checked Impact, and they claim to offer reweb services. So entirely possible its more of a thing than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by fjpikul View Post
    I got my belts from Safecraft, the fire extinguisher people. At the time they said they would replace the nylon webbing.

I have the 6pt Sparco Belts installed using the anchors. Definitely +1 to Barry's comments. Specifically, I would double-down on:

- too time consuming and frustrating for daily/street use, mainly due to wigging around in the car trying to get them on.
    - do not take off 3pt belts as they can be used at the same time. You will def regret it!
    - it's not the cleanest presentation (pics are accurate), but it's definitely practical to tuck 6pt belts away while using 3pt belt.

Additionally, FWIW, I purchased the Sparco belts. They're expensive, but the latch is nicer than most 6pt systems I've seen and used. More importantly they look great with the Ford Performance stuff on them. Not worth saving a few hundred bucks for other brand's belts IMO, especially given how much we've invested in these cars.

Hope this feedback is helpful.
    -Stu

If you had any issues with Sparco.I’m sure they would warranty them.
    I have had good experiences with there products
    2006 FORD GT 1808
    2008 PORSCHE GT2
    1987 PORSCHE 911 TARGA
    2005 PORSCHE GT3 CUP
    2013 ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE
    2019 FORD GT CARBON SERIES
    The only negative things in your life should be offset and camber