2005 Ford gt supercar

Oct 18, 2018
24f4db73c1705bcc57eb77f0728169d7.jpg

acefdea34d980190ebbdad3ae798edc8.jpg

On the road again

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018
It seems that you had a problem. Unfortunate. Shit happens. We're only saying that since the inception of this forum - some 13+ years ago, no one else has shared this problem. Leads me to believe it is a very isolated case. There are GT's with a whole lot more miles than you have and there are GT's with a whole lot more HP than you have.... seemingly with no evidence of this kind of problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 18, 2018
It seems that you had a problem. Unfortunate. Shit happens. We're only saying that since the inception of this forum - some 13+ years ago, no one else has shared this problem. Leads me to believe it is a very isolated case. There are GT's with a whole lot more miles than you have and there are GT's with a whole lot more HP than you have.... seemingly with no evidence of this kind of problem.

Just a reminder there was a post less than 4 years ago with same problem . Look up Ford GT gearbox problem .and the moderator of this web told me stop bumping ancient long dead threads . This is over 3 years old . My question ain’t that the purpose of this web site to share experience no matter how old it is.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just a reminder there was a post less than 4 years ago with same problem . Look up Ford GT gearbox problem .and the moderator of this web told me stop bumping ancient long dead threads . This is over 3 years old . My question ain’t that the purpose of this web site to share experience no matter how old it is.

Great, so you've now provided 2 examples out of 4,038 over a period of 15 years.

Look, I'm not trying to be harsh, but there is a vast wealth of experience with this car at this point. Your problem is not a widespread problem, and that includes amongst stock cars or any of the hundreds of modified cars running anywhere from 10% to 100% more power than stock. A half dozen guys on this site have likely had their hands on over 50% of the total cars built. Your car had a fluke issue that is for all intents and purposes unrepeated out of thousands of 2005/2006 GT owners that have been on this site for well over a decade.

Your experience has now been logged in the files for future reference. You've shared it. It is futile to try and keep sharing it by bringing it up every few weeks bumping un-replied threads hoping to garner agreement that the part is somehow problematic when it is verifiably not. The fact is that the 05/06 GT Ricardo 6-speed is ridiculously overbuilt for the demands of the stock car or anything close, based on years of evidence from thousands of examples.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
it could have been a bad clutch disk if the engagement was off by a little it could cause the problems you see,

have you checked to see if anyone else had any problems with the spec clutch?

I also had a spec clutch on my blk Gt that was making more than 1200 hp and most of those miles were extremely hard I never had any issues with my transmission or clutch...

as everyone else has said sounds like a fluke.

Oct 18, 2018
Yes it sounds like a fluke alright, but I guarantee you I am not the only one, as years go by you might see others with same problem ,not all ,but some. One thing I noticed ,is this cars you don’t put a lot of miles . Most people bought them for investment . And it is a good investment, no doubt. It might take another 10 yr before some will put 5000 miles on their gt . Until then will see. and not everyone that has a Ford gt is subscribed to this site as well . Anyway ,like everyone that participate in my experience and feed back and glad I found this site thank you .

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I would say your assessment of not many cars out there with a lot of miles is inaccurate. My blue car has over 64000 miles on it and there are numerous other members here with well over 50k miles and some that are even over 100k miles on their car. I admit there are perhaps more cars with lower miles than higher but there are plenty of high milage cars out there that if a true defect would have existed it would have been noted by now.

As time goes on age will act on any part of the car and different kinds of failures are possible, but the kind you are talking about has been an infrequent event.

I hope you sort out the issue and have many miles of trouble free driving

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Yes it sounds like a fluke alright, but I guarantee you I am not the only one, as years go by you might see others with same problem ,not all ,but some. One thing I noticed ,is this cars you don’t put a lot of miles . Most people bought them for investment . And it is a good investment, no doubt. It might take another 10 yr before some will put 5000 miles on their gt . Until then will see. and not everyone that has a Ford gt is subscribed to this site as well . Anyway ,like everyone that participate in my experience and feed back and glad I found this site thank you .

Lets say you are one of maybe 5 out of 4038 cars that have ever had this problem. That's a pretty small number. There are lots and lots of GT's that have been driven well over 5000 miles. There are also alot of cars that make 1000+whp with no issues and there are cars with 1400+ whp that have never had this issue. YOU had an anomaly and you just need to accept that, move on and enjoy your car instead of bringing this thread back up all the time and beating a dead horse than few if any are concerned about.