2005/6 Ford GT Windshield

DLL

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 25, 2018
Quick question for you guys. Are windshields (factory) still available for the 05/06? If not what are you using?

Many thanks!!!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Yes. Rich/GTGuy replaced mine last year with a new Dealer purchased OE windshield. Even the rubber moldings are available from Ford.

DLL

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 25, 2018
Yes. Rich/GTGuy replaced mine last year with a new Dealer purchased OE windshield. Even the rubber moldings are available from Ford.

Thats great! Does anyone happen to have the ford P/N’s for the windshield and moldings needed?

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I looked at the estimate from Rich but he did not include the part numbers. Sorry.

BTW, welcome for the forum. You have a bunch of very nice cars.

DLL

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 25, 2018
Thank you! You as well. Very excited and am working on my NFGT application (rough draft) as I type. Had Fords all my life... my grandfather started with a ford dealer and worked there until he retired in the 80’s. Guess its in my blood ;)

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The windshield/upper door gaskets are one piece and are crazy expensive. I'd reuse the existing gaskets unless they are damaged. If you do use new gaskets, it is very hard to get the upper door part to fit like OEM.

You can get part numbers for all your Fords at fordpartsgiant.com. Just enter your VIN.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Be careful. There was a change in antenna configuration and you have to get the right windshield based on your VIN.

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
The antenna change was very early (November 2004 I think) so only very early cars will have the antenna that runs up parallel with the A Pillar. The vast majority will run horizontally across the top of the screen.

Early part is 4G7Z-6303100-AA
Later and most common part is 5G7Z-6303100-AA

I think both are still available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLL

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 25, 2018
Thanks guys!! I’ll call the dealer in the morning and see if they have one.

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
Anyone have a ballpark of the cost to have it done at a dealer? tia

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Thanks guys!! I’ll call the dealer in the morning and see if they have one.

Most of the GT parts from Ford are stored in their Tennessee warehouse. They can usually get you anything you need in 3-5 days depending on where you live. You will need to prove to them you are the owner with an insurance card or current registration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
For comparison GTG was $2700 with all new rubber trim. Had to remove both fenders.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I have a spare OEM in the box windshield if interested

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
It was a few years ago but my local Ford dealer charged $1,000 for the windshield and another $1,100 for labor. Fenders have to come off per factory manual. I have heard some have replaced without fender removal, but not my choice.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
There is a thread (or posts) about my experience with the '05-06 windshield. My dealer ordered a few windshields until he received one that wasn't defected (in regards to the antenna). Dealer cost was around $900. It was 2016.

Ed

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
There is a thread (or posts) about my experience with the '05-06 windshield. My dealer ordered a few windshields until he received one that wasn't defected (in regards to the antenna). Dealer cost was around $900. It was 2016.

Ed

Same here Ed. I did not mention it but it took my tech at Galpin three to get one he wanted.

GTGhost

Jun 2, 2018
The windshield/upper door gaskets are one piece and are crazy expensive. I'd reuse the existing gaskets unless they are damaged. If you do use new gaskets, it is very hard to get the upper door part to fit like OEM.

You can get part numbers for all your Fords at fordpartsgiant.com. Just enter your VIN.

Thanks for the info!