Application for New GT's Coming in November???

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Hoping Dave can clarify. If 250 cars for each year, 2018 and 2019, have been allocated, and the 250 for 2020 are for the waitlisted applicants, does this mean that the Nov 8th application process is for the "initially final" 250, plus the newly committed 350 cars?

thx

Ed

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Hoping Dave can clarify. If 250 cars for each year, 2018 and 2019, have been allocated, and the 250 for 2020 are for the waitlisted applicants, does this mean that the Nov 8th application process is for the "initially final" 250, plus the newly committed 350 cars?

thx

Ed

Hello Ed,

I think Dave has clarified, total is 1350, post #11. Given 750 are spoken for as you've summarized, 600 remain for the next round of the lottery.

Here's wishing us both the best of luck!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I’m happy for my forum friends who will now have a fantastic shot at getting a new GT. Many of you guys are more than worthy of receiving an allocation. Best of luck to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I’m not sure anyone knows the real number. Things change.

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
All I know is that this is just AWESOME news! Time to break out the rosary.......

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
This is great news. Hoping the best for all those that consider applying for round two.

Vince H

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
I remember at the unveiling in Detroit (Jan 2015) I filmed a video saying that "they would build the GT for 4.5 years at roughly 250 a year meaning a total of around 1,150 cars to be built". Then of course the initial applications came in for the first 500 cars, of which a further 250 got a 'Maybe' letter, but we always knew that there would be at least 500 or so more to come in a further allocation ballot. Along the way I've had a fair number of aggressive messages as to my allocation from others that weren't so lucky and I have always responded to every single one of them (even back in July 2016 when the cars were allocated) to hold out for the next round if they are really keen to get one as there will be further opportunities.

What has effectively been announced now feels to me like confirmation of that, with a slight extension that counters the struggles in getting started up to roughly speaking build a similar number plus a few more due to the unexpected demand. We also have some pretty significant problems in Europe now for cars like this with the introduction of the WLTP and new emissions regulations. The Ford GT in its current state cannot be delivered in a Europe country after the end of 2018 and I don't believe will be re-engineered to do so until at least 2020 - making it possible that those later cars will then be the European allocations.

My fantasist within me hopes this means after the 4 years of GTLM we will have some years of a GTP Ford GT - and knowing Ford expressed interest in that one can definitely hope.

jnirenstein

GT Owner
May 3, 2014
Norcal
Outstanding news for all of us who didn't make the first cut!! fingers crossed for everyone...

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
DBK: Any new performance tweaks to keep the car fresh and state-of-the-art over a 6 year run- more hp, supplemental electric motors like the NSX, light weighting etc?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Minimal changes.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Chances for all improved 140% with 600 rather than 250 more units available. Good luck to all my friends wanting a FGT!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...-building-more-500-k-gt-supercars/1684513002/

Finally someone gets the price right.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I dont think Ive seen a thread with so many different screen names participating in a LONG time.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Great news. Thanks for all the well wishes from other members. Feeling very lucky with this news. Excited with some of the added options to the lightweight and I'm sure they will add a special heritage edition. Good luck to all applicants.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Very encouraging news, to be sure. Thank you, Ford!

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
We can all dream. Better chances here than Powerball lottery!

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Way to go Ford!Long time GT owners to the front!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I dont think Ive seen a thread with so many different screen names participating in a LONG time.
It reminds me of the first round of excitement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Good luck to all! Our odds just increased by 240%.

Last edited: