NFGT —Common refrain

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I’ve only had my car 5 weeks. It only has 300 miles thanks to our weekly hurricanes in the South which thankfully have primarily given us hard rains in Virginia.

I’ve been to 2 car shows and stopped by a couple of my favorite dealerships. In 25 years I’ve been blessed to own some decent exotics that tend to stop people in their tracks, but never, I mean never have I had as many people say, “ that’s the best looking car I’ve ever seen”. Even if they start with “I hate that it’s a V6 GT but .....”

Today I stopped at the Mercedes dealership where I buy our DDs . Guys from the BMW dealership next door came by and guys from both said it was the best looking car they’d ever seen.

It is truly remarkable. I have never experienced this before.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
once you take them for a ride in it They won't say that about the six anymore.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Can’t wait to get mine and ride the hell out of it. I got a lot of catching up to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think it's the best looking car also.

Ed

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Admit it you stopped at the other dealerships to rub it in a little didnt you?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
My first dealership visit will be to Risi Ferrari!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Admit it you stopped at the other dealerships to rub it in a little didnt you?

Yes

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
My first dealership visit will be to Risi Ferrari!

:lol

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Funny... I have had the car 2 weeks tomorrow (but car just returned from wrap shop) and been getting the same thing. I also stopped by a friend CJ Wilson's Porsche, Audi, BMW shop to show CJ the car. He will be getting a 2019 Heritage. His shop all made their way to look at the car. Loved by all.

Just returned from the wrap shop and unfortunitely, I have to have the drivers door redone due to some wrap scuff damage caused by the delivery guys. Looking forward tio attending some car shows and getting some miles on the car. Total blast to drive. The car being the first in our area on the road getting followed everywhere I drive it and tons of smiles and photos and thumbs up.

2018 Ford GT in the Garage.jpg

Last edited:

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
Can’t wait to get mine and ride the hell out of it. I got a lot of catching up to do.

I feel the same! Busy year coming up

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I feel the same! Busy year coming up

Tim
Getting the 2RS in January and it looks like the 68 heritage in February. When you come through Miami next year we should be able to have an epic drive
Ernie

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
Tim
Getting the 2RS in January and it looks like the 68 heritage in February. When you come through Miami next year we should be able to have an epic drive
Ernie

Absolutely, 100%! I've got air freight booking options in and working on my insurance for the car when it's on US soil but this all looks set to proceed - it seems strange that the car is currently in North America but I'm getting so excited about bringing it back there next year :D

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Shmee - bring it to the Rally next fall!

Ed

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
Shmee - bring it to the Rally next fall!

Ed

When and where?! Serious question, when I fly out of the US in the middle of September my car will still be in California so I could easily keep it there a touch longer then come back for the rally - would be super cool to join everyone with the UK plated one! The import license for the car allows it to stay for 12 months anyway so that's quite easy to arrange and insure.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
At Mercedes dealer.

Attachments

• IMG_1189.JPG
    IMG_1189.JPG
    323.2 KB · Views: 140

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Shmee - this year there was only an impromptu Mini-Rally but we all hope for a real Rally in 2019. It has always been in the fall. Usually September to October. You'll hear about it first here!

Ed

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Shmee - this year there was only an impromptu Mini-Rally but we all hope for a real Rally in 2019. It has always been in the fall. Usually September to October. You'll hear about it first here!

Ed

I’m hoping it’s not during hunting season. Who am I kidding right? Of course it’s going to be during hunting season.

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK

Ed

Do we have any idea roughly when it might be announced? I ask because it's much more complicated to book air freight and I'm hoping to lock it all down before the year is out.