GT damaged in Hurricane Michael

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
From the Washington Post, Panama City FL.

Capture.JPG

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
That sucks.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The CBS news tonight was anchored there. It looked like it had been bombed.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
And a Cobra??

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Why wouldn’t get cars like those out of the path of such a storm? Crazy!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Same could have been said about the thousands of cars destroyed by Harvey. Just not that easy to do.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
That hurts

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

lots of varibles, vaction home, chance of it not being a bad storm, on vacation etc.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
looks like he got very lucky and both cars are not detroyed...

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
So sorry to see this, thats terrible. I had to go through something similar last year with harvey.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
That's terrible. I hope the owner is okay and the cars are repairable.

Vince H

xrayman396

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2006
Bucks County Pa
That sucks , bummer

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Damn.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Best of luck to the owner.
A sad day!
Mark

Tomcat

GT Owner
I have property on Perdido Key...we were spared this time. Good luck to the owner!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
sad... :frown

dwswig

Jan 16, 2010
panama city florida
Hello all,

Unfortunately the above picture is all too familiar. It is much more nauseating to see in person, I promise.

The good news is that our family is safe and thankfully no one was hurt. We have been living a nightmare down here (to say the least). We were on vacation when the storm formed and were unable to move the cars. Given the fact that it quickly escalated from a cat 2 to a cat 4 (almost overnight) further complicated that issue. Many people were unable to evacuate --- let alone move cars.

Fortunately the damage is mostly cosmetic, but extensive (especially for a car that was meticulously cared for). We're working with the adjustors/insurance now.

Does anyone have recommendations for reputable/quality repair & body work? We've heard of the possibility of sending it to Ford, but have not been able to validate such an option. Internet/Data is still limited down here - Any help would be greatly appreciated so that we can get the ball rolling.

Thanks in advance.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Hello all,

Unfortunately the above picture is all too familiar. It is much more nauseating to see in person, I promise.

The good news is that our family is safe and thankfully no one was hurt. We have been living a nightmare down here (to say the least). We were on vacation when the storm formed and were unable to move the cars. Given the fact that it quickly escalated from a cat 2 to a cat 4 (almost overnight) further complicated that issue. Many people were unable to evacuate --- let alone move cars.

Fortunately the damage is mostly cosmetic, but extensive (especially for a car that was meticulously cared for). We're working with the adjustors/insurance now.

Does anyone have recommendations for reputable/quality repair & body work? We've heard of the possibility of sending it to Ford, but have not been able to validate such an option. Internet/Data is still limited down here - Any help would be greatly appreciated so that we can get the ball rolling.

Thanks in advance.

Contact Rich Brooks regarding GT.. I am quite sure he can help with the Cobra. We bought a stacker trailer for this reason. I have the same combination of cars as seen here and we live on the coast 20 miles north of where Harvey hit. Rich's Number is 734 6589498 richgtguy@gmail.com

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Use Rich at the GT Guy for the Ford GT.

It would be best to send the Cobra back to Kirkham. They are the guys for aluminum body repair should it need any and will have all of the necessary pieces and parts to put it back to factory fresh. (I'm assuming that it is a Kirkham as it looks like a brushed aluminum bare naked lady.)

Last edited:

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Did not realize I had a GT neighbor so close. I’m in Miramar Beach. Absolutely go to Rich. Wishing y’all the best of luck and a quick recovery. Let me know if you need a place to store them temporarily. I have a Hangar at the Destin airport.