GT damaged in Hurricane Michael

Tomcat

GT Owner
Did not realize I had a GT neighbor so close. I’m in Miramar Beach. Absolutely go to Rich. Wishing y’all the best of luck and a quick recovery. Let me know if you need a place to store them temporarily. I have a Hangar at the Destin airport.

OP-I am so sorry for you loss.
OP/Mike-I will be transitioning to my property on Perdido Key in Dec. (at least part time). I have not decided what to do with the GT...BUT it is cool to know we could have a little gulf coast group (even if not all gulf colors).

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Let me know when you get there. Maybe meet halfway at the Naval Museum and have lunch.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Let me know when you get there. Maybe meet halfway at the Naval Museum and have lunch.

Funny you should say the Museum...I used to have a plaque up there, I wonder if I still rate?
That would be a great place to meet up!
Tom (Biff)

Attachments

• Biff Blacklion Plaque Pensacola Naval Aviation Museum bar restaurant.jpg
    Biff Blacklion Plaque Pensacola Naval Aviation Museum bar restaurant.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 297

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Rich Brooks for the GT
David Kirkham for the Cobra..
Both do amazing work..
Our Cobra spent a year waiting in line at Kirkham for some repairs..A You Tube video of him repairing a left rear corner of a Cobra will leave no doubt about his skill.
Fly into Detroit tonight for dyno day with Rich tomorrow with our GT. :)

Bruce

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Funny you should say the Museum...I used to have a plaque up there, I wonder if I still rate?
That would be a great place to meet up!
Tom (Biff)

I'd meet up with you guys. Haven't been to the Museum since I was commissioned. Maybe on the way to Daytona. :)

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
c'mon!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL

Mike, Keep me in the loop and I'll bring my GT or Cobra - provided this rain ever stops. LOL

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Use Rich at the GT Guy for the Ford GT.

It would be best to send the Cobra back to Kirkham. They are the guys for aluminum body repair should it need any and will have all of the necessary pieces and parts to put it back to factory fresh. (I'm assuming that it is a Kirkham as it looks like a brushed aluminum bare naked lady.)

I agree, GT Guys and Kirkham. dwswig, sorry to hear about your damages.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I can recommend the other Rich! Rich Roback is in AZ.

Ed

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Sorry to hear about your loss and wishing you much success with the restorations. Sounds like you will be in good hands and be able to put this all behind you.

dwswig

Jan 16, 2010
panama city florida
Thanks everyone

Sorry to hear about your loss and wishing you much success with the restorations. Sounds like you will be in good hands and be able to put this all behind you.
I appreciate all the advice you folks have offered. I am in the process of getting the cars scheduled for repairs. Unfortunate these were not the only two cars that were damaged (of course). Looks like I will be busy for the next few years getting all of this straightened out. Again thanks for your advice and concern.