Track day Focus RS....

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Picked up an RS a month ago, been my new daily and really love it! Upgraded the turbo, pipes, and exhaust for 400whp! Love the shifter, the noise, and it has pretty incredible handling. I had never owned a hatch and I really love the driving position. Took it for its first spin at COTA this weekend. It was a rainy one, which the awd really excelled at. I dont have much experience with AWD, but when the car was pushing in the corners I could get it to hook just giving it some gas and the front would bite. Quite counter intuitive from my RWD experience, but so much fun! I'd just throw it in the corner, slide a bit and gas it to bring the car around, had a blast and just loving it! Wish I had more pics! Also ran into a guy with a 530whp stealth gray, crazy!IMG_0495.jpg IMG_0493.jpgIMG_0500.jpgIMG_0502.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Cool. I really like the RS insert.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Nice job! I use my RS as my daily driver and absolutely love it too. I've never tracked mine but did do the RS Adrenaline Academy and it was a hoot.

I had my head gasket done (early '17 model) and now looking to tune mine. I'm leaning toward Mountune given the comments on various forums and the fact that they've tuned a huge number of them and know how far they can safely push things.

Any other recommendations on tunes? I'm not going to do many hardware upgrades other than an air filter.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I had Adam at tune plus do mine, but mostly because he had worked on the car with the previous owner. Mountune is also a very solid choice, I’d use them in your scenario. Enjoy! Let me know how it goes!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Will do! Thanks for the recommendation!