RIP Spirit

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
This breaks my heart. Fred and Sherry was one of the kindest couple Jovette and I have met through this GT journey of ours. The Morgan pics are probably in all the Texas Rally participant phones. As a couple, they drove that car without hats, without goggles or glasses through sun and rain and had smiles on their faces the whole time. Special...I'm sad...

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Fred was my first cruising buddy to Rally 1. He was the first other GT owner I met. Fred, Sherry and I have covered thousands of miles going to rally’s as well as local and regional events. He saw me get in big trouble in Indy with his son Clayton in the car with me. I think it made his day. Cruising without him is going to suck.

So long buddy.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
So sorry to hear the sad news. Prayers go out for Fred and his family.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Oh no! So sad to hear this. Spirit was one cool guy. The world is less without him. I will miss Spirit.

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
It is with great sadness that I mourn the passing of my old friend Fred. As Bullitt said, the three of us and DBTGT were the first GT owners to travel together over long distances. The first time we met they showed up at my house on the way to Rally I. Fred got out of his new Heritage with a big black eye patch on. I wondered what kind of pirate I was throwing in with. Fred and Sherry have been close friends ever since. My deepest condolences to Sherry and the boys.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Wow...shocked and saddened by the news..Godspeed Fred. RIP my friend..Your Spirit will remain with us...Condolences and Prayers for Sherry & family. Thanks Ajai for letting us know..

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

We had a grand experience during our drive around Europe on the way to Le Mans in 2016. Fred had a mishap on the track at Spa in the rain and he shook it off and had a great time. A wonderful man and a good friend to us all. I’m doubly depressed because he didn’t get to drive his new GT.

Fred if you’re still checking in here from the great beyond tell Bony and Ray hello. We miss you all.

Chip

Last edited:

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Thanks,
Mark

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Rip Fred. Thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Dammit. RIP Fred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Rest in peace ......You were there from Rally 1 and when we drove across the country, you were there for that wonderful steak dinner.
Miss the laughs.....
R.I.P.
GTJOEY1314

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Very saddened to hear this, condolences to his family

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Shocked by this terrible news. RIP Fred. Our thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
What a great guy. The world will miss him. Prayers to his family. Someone once said if he lives in your heart and memories he will never truly be gone. I will remember him and his zest for fun.

Larry

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Fred and Sherry are some of the most genuine and kind people you will find. Susan and I considered ourselves lucky to call Fred our friend. Saying he will be missed is an understatement. God's grace to you Fred and our deepest condolences to Sherry. I know it doesn't help, but ALL of my memories of Fred is of him smiling. I hope I'm remembered in a similar way.

Vince & Susan Hott

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Fred loved his Moggie. After the amazing Le Mans trip in 2016, the four of us drove up to the Morgan factory so Fred could see where his car had been built. We then went down to the McLaren factory so we could say we’d seen the oldest and newest car factories in England. So many good memories.....

Attachments

• 0F4AD63C-4D61-4FB5-AF00-3F28BE8C4381.jpg
    0F4AD63C-4D61-4FB5-AF00-3F28BE8C4381.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 113

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
I am so saddened to hear of Fred’s passing. Always a gentleman and friend to all . Rest In Peace my friend.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Fred was a great guy and he will truly be missed. He and Sherry have been a part of many of the great times we've shared here. We'll miss the wry smile and definitively Texan enthusiasm he brought. I'm hoping to see Sherry and Clayton in Fred's new Gulf car some day soon. Spirit will undoubtedly be riding shotgun.

Rest in peace.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
I am so sorry to hear this sad news. We met at Rally II. RIP...

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I’ve always enjoyed hanging out with Fred and Sherry at the Texas events and rallies too. A kinder, happier, friendlier man there never was. I’ll miss you Fred. Rest In Peace my friend. Condolences to Sherry and his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk