It's Getting Real Now!

Andre Q

GT Owner
May 24, 2016
Germany
Hi Tim, i was in Toronto with my 13 years old son in last februar, watching how they build my GT. It was a great experience. You have said, that you drive the car in Germany. If you ever need a technical support, just let me know. There is no Ford dealer in Europe, which has nearly as much experience with the GT as we have. We also work very close with Multimatic UK. Kind regards from Germany, André

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
Back at the airport after a visit today to Markham to see the work in progress!

Very different to what I was expecting, more akin to a race team getting things ready than that of a more mainstream soulless factory - which of course is exactly what the car is really about. As described beforehand, my car was in station 2.5 with the painted roof panel installed and the rear sub-assembly with engine bolted in. At that stage the interior is a largely bare carbon tub and you have great ability to see some of the inner workings and spot the parts around the assembly plant floor. I feel it's quite special to see one's car in build and both the combination of this opportunity with the amazing hospitality of the Toronto supercar scene, I've had a fantastic weekend.

Now it's just the painful month or so wait for it to be completed, and find a way over to the UK ready for delivery I guess around mid-November. Even then it will go straight away for PPF installation before I brave driving it in the less than ideal weather over winter.

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
Hi Tim, i was in Toronto with my 13 years old son in last februar, watching how they build my GT. It was a great experience. You have said, that you drive the car in Germany. If you ever need a technical support, just let me know. There is no Ford dealer in Europe, which has nearly as much experience with the GT as we have. We also work very close with Multimatic UK. Kind regards from Germany, André

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks for this Andre, although the car will be based in the UK, it will occasionally spend time at my place in Frankfurt; stretching legs on the Autobahn and absolutely a few laps of the Ring. Hopefully we can gather them together in the future!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
My tour is October 23rd, can’t wait! Trying to figure out secret spy cameras......

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Shmee thanks for letting me tag along your tour. Your car will look amazing when complete. The guys at MM are great guys and very accommodating as you experienced. . For sure you rec'd a little extra TLC on your visit.
Hope you made it back home with in a reasonable time frame. Look forward to you experiencing first hand the actual arrival/delivery of your new GT.
Come back soon!

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
I got the no as well when I was there, however, they have let others film and put on YouTube.

For sure, I'm very familiar with that having filmed cars of mine in the factories at McLaren, Aston Martin, Porsche and more, and heard similar from others. I had been under the assumption since allocations over 24 months ago that part of the reason I was allocated a car was to give it publicity via the scale of my social media pages - although it is equally a relief the other way around if it clearly wasn't quite so dependent upon that!

My audience have been expecting a video so it will be up to me to diplomatically explain why they aren't getting one but there's always away around that.

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
It's a huge thanks from me to Pearce, Jeff and the team at the assembly facility who have forward me a few photos taken on the day. Of course as we've discussed this is far from the norm and not normally possible but they have allowed an exception specifically to share with the audience for Shmee150 (afterall the allocation is to show it off and the excitement around this car!).

[video]My FORD GT is Nearly Ready![/video]

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Tim, I think you had mentioned you had not seen the liquid red in the flesh before. What do you think now that you have seen your car? Pretty spectacular isn't it? :thumbsup Were you able to see it in the sunlight?

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
Tim, I think you had mentioned you had not seen the liquid red in the flesh before. What do you think now that you have seen your car? Pretty spectacular isn't it? :thumbsup Were you able to see it in the sunlight?

You are correct, I hadn't seen it on a car other than the paint sample, and I have to report back that there was not a completed Liquid Red car when I was there so I've still only seen body panels rather than a full car. It has to be said that overall it's quite dark inside and my car in the early stages which is as far from a window as it could be. From what I have seen though, it bodes well and no regrets - very happy!

As it happens I have spent most of today arranging the carnet, and international air freight for the tours of 2019... Jan-Feb to Dubai, then lots of exploring around Europe, before Jul-Sep in the USA. I hope I like it as much as I expect to with all this planning invested into it!

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Tim don't forget to come back to Canada. !! Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. Mosport!! Great track as it was a former F1 track. Maybe both of our cars out together.

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
Tim don't forget to come back to Canada. !! Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. Mosport!! Great track as it was a former F1 track. Maybe both of our cars out together.

This was actually something I researched today too, unfortunately with not so positive responses. To temporarily bring a car into the USA from the UK is very easy to do for a tourist visit, equally is it easy to get insurance and have everything correctly done. However, Canada is not the same and would require immensely more paperwork and struggles for insurance, so it seems very unlikely that I'll be able to bring my car back there based on what I know at the moment.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
A fun link to the Alan Mann race cars that Shmee’s NFGT pays tribute to:

https://www.alanmann.co.uk/iconic-cars

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
A fun link to the Alan Mann race cars that Shmee’s NFGT pays tribute to:

https://www.alanmann.co.uk/iconic-cars

Good find!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Its All CF... radar won't pick it up.
Just drive real fast across the boarder.
This was actually something I researched today too, unfortunately with not so positive responses. To temporarily bring a car into the USA from the UK is very easy to do for a tourist visit, equally is it easy to get insurance and have everything correctly done. However, Canada is not the same and would require immensely more paperwork and struggles for insurance, so it seems very unlikely that I'll be able to bring my car back there based on what I know at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
I'm pretty sure that mine is now completed so just a case of waiting patiently for confirmation that it's cleared and ready for shipping, then details of the air freight that will bring it over to Europe and the final stages to handover.

I think this is the most excited I have ever been for a new car since I got my first one at 17, a Renault Clio. The sleepness night are going to be frustrating!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Shmee, if you think the sleepless nights stop after delivery your mistaken. I’ve owned my 2017 GT for 15 months and I still wake up in the middle of the night thinking where I can drive mine to show it off! You will certainly enjoy this piece of Art for many fun packed miles! I’m really excited for you and all your followers and friends. Good Luck Mate! You are also Blessed!

Last edited:

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
I can completely imagine! I'm already buzzing for my USA adventures next summer, and that's not even starting for 8 months from now.

At my end I have the strangest timing coincidence that my McLaren Senna is coming just weeks after the GT - by far the two most special and expensive cars I have ever owned. The problem is that it's the worst time of year to drive them with the weather!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I can completely imagine! I'm already buzzing for my USA adventures next summer, and that's not even starting for 8 months from now.

At my end I have the strangest timing coincidence that my McLaren Senna is coming just weeks after the GT - by far the two most special and expensive cars I have ever owned. The problem is that it's the worst time of year to drive them with the weather!

Same here. The 2RS is coming a month before the GT. January and February is going to be exciting and luckily the best time to drive in south Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County
Very nice spec indeed. It was great meeting you and catching up at Quail this year!

Fasferrari

Sep 1, 2017
Avon, CT
Very nice spec indeed. It was great meeting you and catching up at Quail this year!

At 12;30pm Monday 10/29/18 the Ford GT department called me to say I would be receiving my GT ordering kit by Friday.
It has been a two year wait.
The person who called me was very nice and we talked about the ordering process.
I want to do a nice color combination and add some options.
But I do not want to unduly delay the process.
If anyone on this forum has any advise I would appreciate receiving your response to my inquiry.
Thank you very much.