It's Getting Real Now!

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
At 12;30pm Monday 10/29/18 the Ford GT department called me to say I would be receiving my GT ordering kit by Friday.
It has been a two year wait.
The person who called me was very nice and we talked about the ordering process.
I want to do a nice color combination and add some options.
But I do not want to unduly delay the process.
If anyone on this forum has any advise I would appreciate receiving your response to my inquiry.
Thank you very much.

Congrats! From my experience the wait won't be extended by colour choices and options, but more the time it takes you to lock in. Best is to decide as quickly as possible and confirm it and then the motions get started.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
At 12;30pm Monday 10/29/18 the Ford GT department called me to say I would be receiving my GT ordering kit by Friday.
It has been a two year wait.
The person who called me was very nice and we talked about the ordering process.
I want to do a nice color combination and add some options.
But I do not want to unduly delay the process.
If anyone on this forum has any advise I would appreciate receiving your response to my inquiry.
Thank you very much.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’re almost there so my advice is do whatever paint scheme you had planned and enjoy it. Don’t worry about delays at this point. We’ve all been waiting a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fasferrari

Sep 1, 2017
Avon, CT
Thank you. I received my ordering kit and I am expect to decried colors by this Monday.
Thank you for the advise.
Best wishes.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
If you go off palette it will delay the final ordering as the factory will send you a a tester of the paint on a similar mold you will see in the ordering kit for approval. Also there is a substantive up charge for off palette.. But as said above order what makes you happy and you want to spend. Not sure of any other delays related to options, like the Ti exhaust at the very beginning. I don't think there are any now.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Hello Shmee,

Met you at Le Mans in 2016, hope you are doing well. My family and I had the opportunity to see your GT in the "White Light Booth" during it's inspection. (Obviously only as far as the yellow line would allow us.) Your spec is stunning. Great choice.

Vince H

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
Hello Shmee,

Met you at Le Mans in 2016, hope you are doing well. My family and I had the opportunity to see your GT in the "White Light Booth" during it's inspection. (Obviously only as far as the yellow line would allow us.) Your spec is stunning. Great choice.

Vince H

I'm sorry I did not reply sooner, but it's been great hearing a few tid bits of information about the progress. I believe mine is due to ship out in a few more days for delivery over here maybe at the beginning of December - probably one of the very, very last J cars.

That event in 2016 was a truly fantastic and exciting weekend. Will you return again for future years?

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
By complete random coincidence, in my daily search for new GT content - I don't think anybody spends more time searching YouTube or Instagram than I do :facepalm: - I found this video:

[video=youtube;oyLr1C7Frkg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyLr1C7Frkg[/video]

As it happens that car was in the bay ahead of mine on the assembly line!

It was really quite interesting given the gold paintwork similar to my gold stripes. Anyway, I presumed I'd never see more of it again so it's nice to see a video of the completed car! I was being nosy as to numbers of cars and the order they were built in at the time, I think this one was J216 to my J211.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Gorgeous!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
There is a lot you could do with that Fantastic color! I love it!

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
Honestly when it just had the roof panel painted I wasn't sure how that would turn out but now seeing the video it looks fantastic in the sunshine!

I wonder if it's the exact shade of the 3rd place car in 1966, perhaps they are going to go for a livery akin to that? Who knows.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
If you go off palette it will delay the final ordering as the factory will send you a a tester of the paint on a similar mold you will see in the ordering kit for approval. Also there is a substantive up charge for off palette.....

I went with the extended palette. It took 12 days for my color approval, 7 days to receive the paint samples - so if you are happy right off the bat it extends your order by 3 weeks. I highly recommend choosing the extended palette. It's worth the wait.

Ed

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
By complete random coincidence, in my daily search for new GT content - I don't think anybody spends more time searching YouTube or Instagram than I do :facepalm: - I found this video:

[video=youtube;oyLr1C7Frkg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyLr1C7Frkg[/video]

As it happens that car was in the bay ahead of mine on the assembly line!

It was really quite interesting given the gold paintwork similar to my gold stripes. Anyway, I presumed I'd never see more of it again so it's nice to see a video of the completed car! I was being nosy as to numbers of cars and the order they were built in at the time, I think this one was J216 to my J211.
I think most of us search for GT video or pictures like crazy kids.
I just saw the supercar blonde girl at the delivery of the Devel 16 5000hp superthing.
But what I actually saw was the Red GT parked next to it. Anyone else?
https://youtu.be/uuLvVafCoeI

And to stay on topic this gold is crazy good, bronze hue on the wheels #2 heritage style would tie it together.

Tom

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Saw this car during our MM vist. I was told it’s a Volkswagen colour. Looked kinda dull in the factory, but really works in sunlight. There are simply no bad colours on this car!

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
Something like 20 nights to go and sleeping is becoming difficult! I know loads of you guys have been there already but I've genuinely never been so excited for a car. There are only so many videos I can watch, and pictures to find in the build up.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
..... There are simply no bad colours on this car!

My wish is there would be no standard colors for the NGT. Every owner would have to choose a custom color & no one could pick one from before him/her. Every GT would be unique.

Ed

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
My wish is there would be no standard colors for the NGT. Every owner would have to choose a custom color & no one could pick one from before him/her. Every GT would be unique.

Ed

Ed, I wish I’d known you thought like that, then you could have sent me the $45k I needed to paint my car to match my ‘06!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I would have just raised the base price to cover the custom color. In other words: no additional charge for custom color.

Ed

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Bad Idea for me.....I had a budget to live by....
If you want a special color , you need to pay for it...…... as is the case.
andy (ajb)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ed, I wish I’d known you thought like that, then you could have sent me the $45k I needed to paint my car to match my ‘06!

I’m looking forward to seeing the car in Midnight Blue.

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
And now we have the car that was behind mine on the line! J218 as it happens, belonging to IndyCar driver Graham Rahal:

https://www.instagram.com/grahamrahal/

44492000_759531591067387_1476086135469682258_n.jpg

It was extended palette 'central' at the time, really cool to have seen both come online so soon too.