Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

staged how? there are 2 cams on each car to cover all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by PILOTJPW1 View Post
    The GT has the camera perfectly aimed behind and to the side.

It's somewhat staged.
    2018 Ford GT - #57
    2018 McLaren 720S - 9.9 @ 144 MPH
    2005 Ford GT - 10.63 @ 132 MPH
    Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 - 10.4 @ 132 MPH
    Tesla Model S P100D and X

it's a brand new build, doubt it's down on power... DCT makes up for a lot.... add hybrid power and even more... my 720S trapped 144.7 MPH stock, it pulls pretty hard and loses zero power during shifts...

Quote Originally Posted by soroush View Post
    In one of the videos of the 720, it is going against a 918 and right from the start the 918 pulls away with no hint of the 720 ever being able to gain on it. now if the 720 is still as stock as it was that day shouldnt the Gt that makes just as much power as the 918 and actually weighs less than the 918 be just as dominant.

as I said something just doesnt add up here. the more likely thing is that the GT was just down on power for some reason.
    2018 Ford GT - #57
    2018 McLaren 720S - 9.9 @ 144 MPH
    2005 Ford GT - 10.63 @ 132 MPH
    Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 - 10.4 @ 132 MPH
    Tesla Model S P100D and X

Quote Originally Posted by FikseGTS View Post
    it's a brand new build, doubt it's down on power... DCT makes up for a lot.... add hybrid power and even more... my 720S trapped 144.7 MPH stock, it pulls pretty hard and loses zero power during shifts...
    I realize this is bench racing, but I too was puzzled at how this TTGT could lose ground at over 100 mph. Our TT GT dynoed at over 1000 whp. We did a lot of standing mile events. Because I never launched hard, I am assuming about the same type of quarter mile time and speed as many FGTs post, maybe around 11 seconds at 125 or so. It was probably slower because there was just no traction, I commonly still got serious wheel spin at 130mph. The next 3/4 mile took about the same or less time as the first 1/4mile and I picked up over 100mph. The GT would just keep pulling all the way to 240+mph. This is why I had a hard time believing the 720 could make up time on the GT over 100 mph. Then I remembered that I would lose about 15 mph on the final speed if I even had a slight hesitation in any of my shifts over 130 mph. Even a slight hesitation would sometimes allow the car to come off boost, and for that second or two you are covering many football fields without full power.
    Basically, I think you are right about the DCT. A DCT is the perfect compliment for a TT car. It will remain on full boost all the way. Even if someone is very fast or speed shifts a manual, there is going to be some hesitation in boost shifting, and if they are not perfect, it will really affect power.
    Last edited by Apollo; 10-02-2018 at 10:39 PM.
    Mojave extended mile - 238.6mph (clocked 240 through entrance gates)!
    Mojave Mile - 226.4mph
    Mrs. Apollo, 231.1mph
    Texas Mile 221.5 mph
    Miami Mile 202mph
    Ford GT National Rally IV, V, VI, IX, X, XI, XII
    2016,17,18 Daytona Rolex 24 Hr, 2016,Laguna Seca (NFGT 1st WIN!) 2017 LS, 2017 LS, 2017 COTA !
    Le Mans 2010, Historic LeMans 2016, 2017!!!

My opinion a drag strip is not the place for this test, even though it's a rolling start
    Should be done on a more open area and surface where mile records are set.
    Meh..rolling starts are not indicative of running the 1320 anyway.
    2005 White-Blue
    2006 Tungsten-Silver
    2012 BOSS 0909 White & Black
    FFR Cobra #6054 w/427FE
    1965 GT350 R Model Clone
    1950 Ford Tudor
    1995 F-350 4X4 custom

Lemans 2010 with Matech, Rally VI, 10 and 12, Daytona 2016, LeMans 2016, LeMans 2017 FORD USA#1

Stef= "sticking it to enzo ferrari"

Whether it's beating a $90k Dodge Demon or a $500k+ NFGT or a twin-turbo FGT, people really have a hard time accepting that the 720s dishes out otherworldly performance, especially for its relatively modest price. And the straight-line acceleration isn't even what it was built for. Give the credit to the NFGT for its accomplishments and legacy at LeMans, and its extremely attractive and unique styling. I would love the chance to buy one (fingers crossed). But there is no denying that the McLaren 720s is a real force to be reckoned with. The performance it dishes out seems too good to be true, but it is. Reminds me somewhat of when the "new" Nissan GT-R came out in 2009, and people doubted the performance numbers (0-60, quarter-mile, 'ring) after analyzing the weight, power output, etc... but the results were real. I don't believe there is any "hidden agenda" behind Brooks' videos. Sometimes the driver of a particular car could have done better, or car should have had different tires, had a tune issue, etc. but I really enjoy watching what I consider to be "bias free" car videos he puts out.

^^^ Legit!

Brooks's videos are the real deal. It's run what ya brung. No excuses.

I don't know if I've seen them all, but lately that 720S has destroyed all comers. Did you see what it did to the ZR-1?

It's axiomatic that you never hear fans of the winning car say that it was not the best distance for the other cars, they must have been down on power, the weather was too hot for them, the tires were too cold for them, the strip surface was bad on their side, yadda, yadda. Yeah, I really don't think my car should have won!
    Last edited by Xcentric; 10-03-2018 at 08:23 PM.
    Team Xcentric - The only two-time podium finishers in Ford GT Road Rally history.

"If you buy one and don't drive it...well, what's the point?"

After looking at the $325k MSRP of a 720s, I was embarrassed thinking it was a great value.
    Yeah, it’s otherworldly fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinovac View Post
    After looking at the $325k MSRP of a 720s, I was embarrassed thinking it was a great value.
    Yeah, it’s otherworldly fast.
    I have friends who think I'm being flippant when I tell them that my $70k Alfa Romeo or $90k Demon is a great value, because those dollar amounts are beyond their comprehension. Everything is relative.