Car meets worth visiting?

DXBGT

GT Owner
May 16, 2018
Im planning a trip over to the states around mid October and planning to be in LA for a couple of weeks. Was wondering if there are any car meets/events/shows worth visiting in or around LA.

I remember the Costa Mesa Cars n Coffee used to be great and had a good showing, but that stopped for a while now (not sure if its back again?). I visited a CnC at Malibu last year which was decent but no where near the showing that happened at Costa Mesa. Are there any that you would recommend going to?

Would also be great to meet fellow members based in the area, whether at meet or even for a coffee. Chat about cars and all things us car guys enjoy.

Unfortunately wont be flying in my GT (though it would have been great to do a canyon run over at the west coast).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Peterson Museum is a must. try and get into the Vault.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Peterson Museum - yes.

https://www.petersen.org/vault/

Sometimes Jay Leno's Garage hosts charity events that you may be able to attend.

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog...rld-renowned-private-car-garage-in-la-1163327

I'm sure some of our SoCal members will meet up with you.

Ed

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Peterson museum has a C&C I believe on Sept 30th. Check their website. There is another C&C down in San Clemente every Saturday morning. Check Facebook for South OC Cars & Coffee.

Last edited:

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I have a free parking pass to the Petersen Museum, lmk if you plan to go and I can mail it to you or give it to you if you are at an Orange County meet. I can recommend The Vault exhibit there as well!

Attachments

• PetersenMuseum18-4926.jpg
    PetersenMuseum18-4926.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 150
  • PetersenMuseum18-4927.jpg
    PetersenMuseum18-4927.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 151

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
I would do the Malibu CC, Sunset GT and the Petersen Museum.

Forget car meets, you need to do a long drive on some of the great roads that SoCal offers.

doug5m5

Feb 23, 2017
Newport Beach Ca
Supercars by the sea in Huntington Beach. Ill be there with my 06 Black GT

DXBGT

GT Owner
May 16, 2018
Thanks, guys. All very helpful - now need to map it out. I believe most meets happen on Sunday morning, so might not be able to do all (need to prioritise).

Will plan to go to as many as I can make it to.

Ive been to the Petersen every year (and will probably drop down this time as well to see any new exhibits).

I prefer CnCs though - much more casual affair with car guys all around, you get to meet owners and talk about their great machines and experiences.

DXBGT

GT Owner
May 16, 2018
I have a free parking pass to the Petersen Museum, lmk if you plan to go and I can mail it to you or give it to you if you are at an Orange County meet. I can recommend The Vault exhibit there as well!

Thanks, buddy. Would be delighted to catch you at the meet (not for the ticket, but just to introduce and meet a member of the board). Will look into which ones I can make and drop you a line if I’m heading to an OC based meet.

DXBGT

GT Owner
May 16, 2018
I would do the Malibu CC, Sunset GT and the Petersen Museum.

Forget car meets, you need to do a long drive on some of the great roads that SoCal offers.

Indeed!!! Only wish I had my GT with me (maybe next year?).

Any particular routes you would recommend?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
The iconic LA drives:

1.) Mulholland Dr: start at Beverly Hills Hotel and drive up Coldwater Cyn; upto Mulholland Dr East; take it 6 miles all the way winding on dips, bends, twisties to Highland Dr.

-two options:

>go over little bridge over 101 to Lake Hollywood and drive up to HOLLYWOOD sign.

OR

>take 101 North for 20miles to Kanan Dume Rd and cross it through Canyons all the way to PCH / Ocean; right onto Zumba beach (pit stop at Trancas Market for Starbucks or Lunch.) If it’s Sunday, the Supercar Sunday C&C is right off 101 at Topanga Cyn Blvd exit; can do and head north with other car guys after.

2.) Mugu Point Rock: take PCH north from Trancas all way to Point Mugu Rock (15 miles).

OR

3.) PCH South: drive down to Malibu or Santa Monica for lunch / brunch / dinner

-Geoffrey’s (5 Star)
-NOBU
-SoHo House
-Dukes
-Moonshadows
-Mastros Ocean Club (5 Star)
-Gladstone’s

Santa Monica Ocean Ave

All in r/t 110 miles from Sunset or Hotel (I do it every other wknd).

Other routes are: take earlier exits off 101 to:

Topanga Canyon; then take PCH up from Palisades

Los Virgenes to Malibu Cyn to Pepperdine and Malibu C&C across the st.

Mulholland Highway off Kanan for “snake” down to PCH

Taking Sunset Blvd from Hotels, to Bel Air, Brentwood and Pacifc Palisades also drops you at PCH and you can shoot up PCH all the way too.

Option two is most epic with wide sweeping turns and vistas of water; best before 9 am to avoid traffic.

Will see plenty of Cobras, 60s Ferrari’s, E-types, 60s 911s and Gullwings.

Attachments

• 220A12E8-247F-4DE7-B390-521582BAB31E.jpg
    220A12E8-247F-4DE7-B390-521582BAB31E.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
OPEN HOUSE, Hillbank Performance in Irvine, CA. Sat, Oct 13th. Click link for RSVP and details.

This is going on tomorrow morning in Orange County. I have to leave by 11am, but planning to be there. It's happening rain or shine.

https://www.hillbankusa.com/blog/hillbank-open-house

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks, buddy. Would be delighted to catch you at the meet (not for the ticket, but just to introduce and meet a member of the board). Will look into which ones I can make and drop you a line if I’m heading to an OC based meet.

Sounds good!

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
We have our weekly South OC Cars and Coffee in San Clemente. It's held every Saturday morning from 9 to 11AM. It's right off of Interstate 5. We usually have between 300 to 500 cars. We have special parking for exotics. I am one of the photographers and I usually have my yellow GT there so please say hi!

Thanks all, Jay

https://www.southoccarsandcoffee.com/
https://www.facebook.com/SouthOCCarsAndCoffee/

DXBGT

GT Owner
May 16, 2018
Thanks all for the advice and particular shout-out to Kayvan for the turn by turn on the driving routes. Im actually staying very close by Cold Water Cyn road and have gone down Mulholland - nice to know of continuation routes that I could add.

For the days im going to be in LA, looks like I will only be able to make the South OC CnC, which seems to be a good one. Maybe ill bump into some forum folks at the event.

DXBGT

GT Owner
May 16, 2018
We have our weekly South OC Cars and Coffee in San Clemente. It's held every Saturday morning from 9 to 11AM. It's right off of Interstate 5. We usually have between 300 to 500 cars. We have special parking for exotics. I am one of the photographers and I usually have my yellow GT there so please say hi!

Thanks all, Jay

https://www.southoccarsandcoffee.com/
https://www.facebook.com/SouthOCCarsAndCoffee/

Jay - was a pleasure meeting you at the South OC event.

Took this shot of your beauty

7d363e6027cb9c1d59139bcdb2469129.jpg