Weird Car show behavior

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I guess the worst was sitting butt naked in someone else's Heritage GT. Top that for brazen and crass.

Hopefully, you wiped well before sitting down in the car.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas

Dr Frank - the man who put the crack AND the ass in crass!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

I'm sure Dr Frank wiped the seat clean before he sat his BA down on it!

Ed

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
It's not Dr. Frank's buttocks he should be worried about ....

Vince H

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I'm sure Dr Frank wiped the seat clean before he sat his BA down on it!

Ed

Well whatever Frank left behind, I'm sure Mike and Jovette sitting in the seat have cleaned it off by now. It was Mike Mosing's car after all.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
I was at Cars and Coffee where a gentleman and his 4 year old son were tooling about. Dad didn't appear to be a car guy, didn't appear particularly adept and child supervision, either. The little tyke had a matchbox car that he was methodically running over the contours of the body of a nearby Ferrari, making high pitched car noises. The F-car owner was obviously absent. He made his way to my Black GT and, like a hen on a Junebug, I greeted that wee lad before he could get within 15 feet of my car. I got down on my haunches and engaged him in an enthusiastic conversation about world events until his father caught up. Distracted, they headed off in another direction. The trauma of watching the fellow do simulated drifting with his toy over the hood of my car was thus averted. I love kids and hate confrontation, especially at an event that is supposed to be fun.

Control your own destiny or someone else will. Or, as my good Mother taught me, you'll win more bees with honey than you will with vinegar (or a Glock, for that matter :))

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Anybody consider an SP89?
If you're going to make a statement.........................................

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Tim, thats crazy! I gave up "showing" mine about 5 years ago. Too many women with purses, kids with devices, and people that just don't care.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I feel the problem is they don't charge the spectators an admission fee so they are invested in the event. Never could understand why they charged the car owners to show their cars. After all, the owners have already paid thousands to purchase or build their cars and the spectators, nothing. Charging the owners and not the spectators is really backwards logic to me.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Janet carries a taser and patrols the perimeter.

But we are Wolverines and Spartans and don't see these sort of things often.....maybe Buckeyes are well... :shrug

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I guess the worst was sitting butt naked in someone else's Heritage GT. Top that for brazen and crass.

.....jeez...it will never go away...

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
.....jeez...it will never go away...

Mike: You mean the stains on the seat?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Mike: You mean the stains on the seat?

Frank have a case of mud butt?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dr. Frank never sat in Mikes GT, as I grabbed him by the arm after the picture was taken and told he could not get into the car!... that’s the real story And I have witnesses who will testify to the event and what took place. No need to call in the FBI! HA HA

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Thanks for the clarification Tomy. Somehow, somewhere that pic will ultimately come back to bite Frank. It may be when he is 89 in a nursing home...but it will happen. Buhahahaha

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I feel the problem is they don't charge the spectators an admission fee so they are invested in the event. Never could understand why they charged the car owners to show their cars. After all, the owners have already paid thousands to purchase or build their cars and the spectators, nothing. Charging the owners and not the spectators is really backwards logic to me.

How about "you are responsible for your kids and your own actions. A damage deposit will cheerfully be refunded upon exit if no damage is done. Leave your visa." I'm just a dreamer.

I have suggested to organizers that they have an obvious place where attendees can make contribution to the charity we as owners are contributing to.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Sometimes people ask "are those speakers in the seats?" Depending who has asked, if appropriate I answer "those are drain holes in case the ride makes you too wet.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Sometimes at shows I hold the key fob, and if someone is touching or too close, I hit the door lock twice for the honk. Of course quite often this results in a second or third touch to see if it repeats. Mostly If i'm in sight I will leave a door open to facilitate pictures, and have not had anyone climbing in without asking.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Me too. I leave my door and clamshell open to invite inspection. No one has climbed in......yet.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Well here’s one for y’all:
I just got kicked out of Cruising the Coast (which is a large car show spanning the Mississippi gulf Coast that has over 8000 registered cars) because someone complained my Ford GT was too new... geesh some people. It was a tremendous hit with the crowds though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro