Weird Car show behavior

Austinj427

Feb 12, 2018
Colorado
Well here’s one for y’all:
I just got kicked out of Cruising the Coast (which is a large car show spanning the Mississippi gulf Coast that has over 8000 registered cars) because someone complained my Ford GT was too new... geesh some people. It was a tremendous hit with the crowds though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow.

Looking at their website they have pictures of S550 mustangs and C7 corvettes.. I take it they probably haven't been booted though?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Nope, they haven’t! I brought that up to the Chairman, he said they were “host vehicles and were granted exceptions...” I’ve been in attendance for the past 20 years and thought this year I would share the GT. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Well, I'm displaying the FGT this weekend at the Scarsdale Concours (notwithstanding all the horror stories!). Wish me luck!

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Well here’s one for y’all:
I just got kicked out of Cruising the Coast (which is a large car show spanning the Mississippi gulf Coast that has over 8000 registered cars) because someone complained my Ford GT was too new... geesh some people. It was a tremendous hit with the crowds though!

I didn't realize it was just classics??? That's a bummer as I had considered doing that show for a couple year's now. Oh well...guess the NFGT won't see it either. :)

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I didn't realize it was just classics??? That's a bummer as I had considered doing that show for a couple year's now. Oh well...guess the NFGT won't see it either. :)

Yeah, the official rules are 1989 and older, but every Joe Sixpack out there builds rat rods, kit cars or dune buggies and gets them registered. I tried to bring an American Icon and got shunned. So much for trying to class it up!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Well, I'm displaying the FGT this weekend at the Scarsdale Concours (notwithstanding all the horror stories!). Wish me luck!

I guess that there will be 2 White/Blue ones there this year! I asked which car they wanted me to bring, and they said the GT

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I guess that there will be 2 White/Blue ones there this year! I asked which car they wanted me to bring, and they said the GT

Update, they realized that they'd have 2 identical cars, so they asked me if I'd mind bringing the NSX. Ken, you'll have the white/blue. I met a guy who might bring his black no stripe 300 mile car tomorrow. We'll see!!!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Update, they realized that they'd have 2 identical cars, so they asked me if I'd mind bringing the NSX. Ken, you'll have the white/blue. I met a guy who might bring his black no stripe 300 mile car tomorrow. We'll see!!!

The attendees will be winners, then--your NSX is awesome and they'll still see a white/blue FGT! See you manana!