PPI reccommendation in Florida

Tom D.

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2018
Hi ,

Thanks to all the help on the forum! I've been lurking and the forum is a rich source of info.

I"m looking to buy a black w/stripe under 5000 miles around $290,000 to $310,000.
I've found A 2006 GT in Florida (Palm Beach) but need help with the pre-inspection. Can anyone recommend an inspector? I called Rich , GT guy, and left a message but he may be busy.

Also, The car will be transported to Michigan. Is there a hauler that can be recommended?

Lastly, I need to get a clear wrap for paint protection. Anyone in Southeastern Michigan with the skills?

Sorry for all the questions. My dream car is taking shape.

Thanks,
Tom

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Timing may not work, if you were hauling the car back later this fall,I would be able to pick it up for you, as I plan to haul my 2018 GT down from Ohio to Naples, and would have an empty trailer. I just had my 2018 GT fully wrapped by Motor City Solutions in Taylor, Michigan, and just Picked it up last Friday. Eric, the master XPel installer is amazing. They are doing many of the new GT’s and have done several 2005-06 GT’s. You can call Duane Wade at *(313) 815-5286 for a quote.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I believe I've seen the car you are referring to. They are a bunch of nice guys. As I recall it was a 4 option car with around 3,500 miles on it. They consistently put it on Ebay and it reaches high bids around $240-250K but they want top dollar. They told me they turned down $285K which I thought was a very fair offer, if in fact, they really did. The gauges all worked and it started right away, but I didn't drive it as it was in the middle of their warehouse. I believe it needs the recalls on the air bag inflators performed too. I'm not qualified to do a PPI. Good luck in your search.

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Just for reference, I bought my 2006 FGT in Tungsten Silver with all 4 options about 3 months ago. I paid 280K for a 1200 miles example.

Tom D.

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2018
Thanks for the helpful replies. It's good to know a good xpel installer is close by in Michigan.

Rick, $285,00 was going to be the ballpark of my offer so I"m disappointed they are pushing for a premium price.

Unotaz, that sounds like a very good deal - especially when I'm on the fence between black and Tungsten. I've always felt the Tungsten shows the body lines and contrast of the car better than the black. Just wondering if black is considered a better investment color or if it comes down to condition and miles.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've always felt the Tungsten shows the body lines and contrast of the car better than the black.

Your perception is correct. According to Camilo auto designers use silver colors since they show the subtle lines best. He pointed to some areas on a Tungsten car that were very prominent on the Tungsten car but "disappeared" on the blue and Heritage cars.

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have Tungsten car but a black no stripe always gets me every time I see one. I just bought a white GT from a friend that I was tempted to paint black, but a business opportunity came up and I will end up selling it next month instead. At the end of the day I agree that the Tungsten shows the body lines better and all the silvers on the Tungsten seem to go together so well. I remind myself that black is a nightmare to take care of (especially with the dust in AZ).

Unotaz you got a great deal!

Tomcat

GT Owner
Your perception is correct. According to Camilo auto designers use silver colors since they show the subtle lines best. He pointed to some areas on a Tungsten car that were very prominent on the Tungsten car but "disappeared" on the blue and Heritage cars.
""There's good contrast between the colors," says Camilo Pardo, chief designer of the Ford GT. "But it's a discreet contrast. In Tungsten Silver, the Ford GT is really dressy, like a fine suit. It looks mature.

"This dark silver color also brings out all the design features and the subtleties of the car," he adds. "In fact, people who've seen it thought we'd added a feature line around the side of the car. It's always been there, but you may not notice it in the car's other colors. The Tungsten Silver really brings it out."

Pardo notes that in the design studio, clay models are covered with "Dynoc" material that is a similar hue to Tungsten silver. The color is specifically designed to enhance the vehicle design details for evaluation.

"We use silver to evaluate our designs throughout the whole process," he says. "It brings out the subtleties, the returns and the negatives, the differences between horizontal and vertical surfaces."

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Go with what you like. As for which color is for better investment, I don't think it makes a difference unless it's a Heritage Gulf blue car.

Unotaz, that sounds like a very good deal - especially when I'm on the fence between black and Tungsten. I've always felt the Tungsten shows the body lines and contrast of the car better than the black. Just wondering if black is considered a better investment color or if it comes down to condition and miles.