For me, it couldn't possibly get any sweeter!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
(IMPO) The very best modern era car, painted in the very best Heritage Edition paint scheme and signed by the two men that made it so back in 1967!
A very special thanks to DBK for securing me a coil cover for Dan to sign well over a year ago, to Dan for putting up with me one additional time, Kathy at AAR for calling the very kind people at Foyt Racing and to AJ for taking time out of his busy schedule. And no Dave, it will not be available shortly on Ebay! LOL!

Attachments

• 20180913_151652(0).jpg
    20180913_151652(0).jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 348

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Very cool

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well done Steve!! :thumbsup
(with a little help from your friends) :wink :driving:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Steve,

Can I assume you will not put that on your new GT as the heat would deteriorate those signatures? I'd put that in a glass case and keep it inside. Super cool.

Chip

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
That is way cool... congrats!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Chip, I have already removed from the fireproof floor safe any cash, coin, silver, gold, wife's jewelry, personal documents etc... I may or may not possess, placed them on a rickety closet shelf and locked that puppy up.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Very cool Steve.

That was very nice of you Dave.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Special! Lucky man!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
A perfect companion piece. Congrats.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
How cool is that? This Sunday I am showing my 2018 Heritage along side my GT40 P2047 commissioned and signed by Carroll Shelby, Dan Gurney, and Alan Grant. It is a twin to Gurney’s pole setting 1966 Mark II.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Wow, just wow. Congratulations Steve!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Chip, I have already removed from the fireproof floor safe any cash, coin, silver, gold, wife's jewelry, personal documents etc... I may or may not possess, placed them on a rickety closet shelf and locked that puppy up.

Yeah, I used to work for guys who had Rembrandts and Renoirs tucked away inside their homes where no one would ever see them...tell me you’re not one of those kind of guys!

Just kidding bud, as we have talked, that is one very special piece! Insured value???

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Well done Steve and kudo to DBK. That is incredibly special to have......as is the car!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
This is totally awesome, right there at the top!
Congrats.

Last edited:

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
How cool is that? This Sunday I am showing my 2018 Heritage along side my GT40 P2047 commissioned and signed by Carroll Shelby, Dan Gurney, and Alan Grant. It is a twin to Gurney’s pole setting 1966 Mark II.

This is very cool too!! Please do post a few pics.
GT40 is my all time fave, if you ever want to give a demo ride to someone I'm volunteering :biggrin

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Another way for all of us to vicariously live and remember the accomplishments of these great individuals.

Not only are you a blessed man Steve, but your prescience in asking Dave to secure you an early example of the engine cover, and now sharing the pictures and experience here, has allowed the rest of us to participate in your joy.

Thank you, and well done sir!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Another way for all of us to vicariously live and remember the accomplishments of these great individuals.

Not only are you a blessed man Steve, but your prescience in asking Dave to secure you an early example of the engine cover, and now sharing the pictures and experience here, has allowed the rest of us to participate in your joy.

Okay, that is what I meant to say... :biggrin

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA

Well said. And congrants Steve!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Very sweet, indeed! Congratulations.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yeah, I am watching Pawn Stars to see if you have the signatures verified.