NGT Insurance Interesting Math

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Should I feel honored that AIG Private Client Group declined my insurance request , moving my home and all vehicles to them, because they saw my NFGT application video where I stated I drive my cars, track them occasionally, let others drive them, and have lots of miles? Except for four glass windshield claims on four different vehicles (hey it’s Arizona here) and no claims, they said they were not looking for that kind of exposure. Wanted garage queens taken to shows. Not how I run.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Should I feel honored that AIG Private Client Group declined my insurance request , moving my home and all vehicles to them, because they saw my NFGT application video where I stated I drive my cars, track them occasionally, let others drive them, and have lots of miles? Except for four glass windshield claims on four different vehicles (hey it’s Arizona here) and no claims, they said they were not looking for that kind of exposure. Wanted garage queens taken to shows. Not how I run.

Had a similar experience with insurance. They wanted me to install a fire extinguisher system in my garage, an alarm system, etc. Would have cost me 100s of thousands of dollars to prepare my garage for their coverage -- nope, not happening.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Well stated, and you are correct on most points, my residence is covered by them, but wasn’t originally. Every state and every person is different.

Tim. No offense at all but it’s a bit reckless, shall I say, to make a post like making people thinking that sort of deal is out there for them without providing all the details. And then following up with a short never mind .
It particularly hurts guys who financially support this forum. I knew as soon as I read it, there were a number of pertinent facts left out. I’m sure you meant no harm, but not good.

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I thought Ford wanted these cars to be driven and used? By the owner's admission, this one will not be ....

“Driven”and “used” are two different things. This car will be shown at a major car show or event on average of every three weeks between Ohio and Florida between now and next Spring. While I won’t be droning down down the highways racking up many miles for casual observers to catch a random glimpse of the car, it will be prominently displayed in places that will make Ford very happy. Additionally, it may be featured in a prominent magazine next Spring along with a custom build I am doing. Besides, with nearly 40 cars, none of my them get that many miles on them, there’s not enough of ME to go around or hours in the day to log many miles.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Tim. No offense at all but it’s a bit reckless, shall I say, to make a post like that making people thinking that sort of deal is out there for them without providing all the details. And then following up with a short never mind .
It particularly hurts guys who financially support this forum. I knew as soon as I read it, there were a number of pertinent facts left out. I’m sure you meant no harm, but not good.

My intent is to share how the market differs and how the underwriters are viewing this subject. My ONLY point and advise is to say that the insurance world is variable, and you should shop around. Call Drew at Classic first and foremost. I am in no way promoting my carrier, or suggesting you change carriers. I just found it very interesting that by adding the NGT, it lowered my cost on the other cars. No advertisement, no opinion, just sharing my own personal experience. I can’t believe that sharing these FACTS have provoked such strong reactions.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
No problem, Tim but I think it was the failure to provide ALL the facts is what mattered. I’m sure you meant no harm. Thanks

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
No problem, Tim but I think it was the failure to provide ALL the facts is what mattered. I’m sure you meant no harm. Thanks

All references to specific carriers have been edited out.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I’m glad we can have this conversation. Ultimately it helps us all by providing examples of what’s available. Thank you all for the ideas. I had two GT’s covered by AIG private then went to Drew and saved some money. Recently I had a conversation with my broker about how to insure the new heritage so this thread will be extremely helpful to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I always go to AIG for my credit default swaps on subprime mortgages.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
:lol

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I’ve got 4 cars insured with Drew at Classic. I don’t shop him or even call anybody else. I know he’ll always give me a great deal because he’s a friend of the Forum and a friend of mine. When I insured the new GT he told me to add my 1980 CJ-5 to the policy. I asked “How much more will that add to my premium?” The premium for the Jeep is peanuts but the combined premium for those two cars was $500.00 LESS than the premium for the NFGT alone because of their multi car discount. I didn’t even ask but Drew examined every way to save me money. Drew should be every Forum members first call.

Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.