Front Splitter Curb Clearance 05/06 GT vs. New GT

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I am curious to know the curb clearance of the new vs. 05/06 GT. Obviously this would be measured with New GT front hydraulic lift engaged. The 05/06 GT curb clearance at the front splitter with Bridgestone's at 31 psig is around 5 inches at lowest point and 5.25 inches at highest point.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
This may be intuitive, but Understand that the New FGT only stays in the 'UP position' while the lift button is 'ON' and the engine is running.
When the engine is turned off , it automatically drops...very quickly.
So, do not pull over top of a concrete barrier with the lift 'on' when parking ..and then turn off the engine. !!
andy (ajb)

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
This may be intuitive, but Understand that the New FGT only stays in the 'UP position' while the lift button is 'ON' and the engine is running.
So, do not pull over top of a concrete barrier with the lift 'on' when parking ..and then turn off the engine. !!
andy (ajb)

Yikes! That actually makes perfect sense for anyone familiar with the car’s systems Andy...yet I don’t know if I’d have had it front-of-mind while parking when my car arrives.

Maybe I’ll write a sticky note for the shifter/steering wheel.

Thanks!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
andy (ajb)

Make sure your pet cat is not under the front when dropping the nose.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Still looking for measurement?

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
best I can measure with a straight edge is 5-5/8 inch.

--except for the edge closest to the front tires . That point is 5-1/2 inch and is the lowest as it wraps to within an inch or two from the leading edge of the tire itself.

Note : from the front view of vehicle, the leading edge optically looks to provide more clearance for the majority of the car width than the 5 5/8... but when you get about 3 inches rearward from the tip , the splitter is pretty much constant clearance across the full width of the car at 5-5/8 inch.

Therefore, use 5-5/8 inch.
Hope this helps.

andy (ajb)

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thanks, was going to do a GT get together in the spring and was concerned my driveway entrance curb would be an issue for those that would bring their NGT. Should not be a problem based on the measurement you gave me and considering my 05/06 GT clears the curb.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
glad this helped.! (and , the NGT with the hydraulic lift makes even more clearance.)
andy (ajb)

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Good thread for us buying trailers. Ive started collecting data. If anyone can fill in the missing info. Biggest concerns are load ramp lengths.
d6cf3ab24bfca0de3f3c53712eecab81.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk