Petit Rally

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Edited for new starting point at Avalon and shortened route.

For those of you who are coming to Petit Le Mans next month, I have a route for us to take on Thursday 10/11. I'm thinking we'd leave from the Hotel Avalon (9000 Avalon Boulevard, Alpharetta, GA 30009) at 9AM. It takes about an hour to get up to the mountains, but there are lots of fun and scenic roads once we are up there. The route takes us up to Brasstown Bald (the highest point in GA) and then to Lake Burton for lunch. After lunch, the route continues around Lake Burton and Lake Rabun to Tallulah Gorge and back to Avalon.

On the way back, we'll be stopping at the Robertson Racing shop courtesy of H Smith (H GT Race Mule)

If you are staying at Road Atlanta, you can meet us at GA400 and Rt 53. PM me for details on timing.

I ran the route in my GT350R on Sunday, and it all seems safe for a Ford GT.

Please send me a PM or respond to this post if you would like to participate so we can get a head count.

I have Google maps links and turn by turn directions but dont want to post them here. I doubt LEOs are trolling the GT Forum but you never know. They certainly keep an eye on the Mustang sites.

-Bill

Participants:
BtwoG
Xcentric
Connor-san
thegtguy (meeting us at Brasstown Bald)
KennethClay
68RCodeMan
Mike Mosing
Txviper
GT0987
JWZ
timcantwell
V1perman
H GT Race Mule (just finished a beautiful Superlite kit based off the Robertson car)
Nafod
ChipBeck
Special K
partssmann
Mooses
Pat Milliken Ford
dr914
CJ428
jaxgt (maybe)
NJS
BAT
Iconic GT
STORMCAT
07XL0027

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Any banjo music in the background?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Any banjo music in the background?

Keep your fantasies to your self Doc, but Bill may be able to arrange full service for a price.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
The one with the purdiest teeth wins.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Do you have a headcount yet, and/or what tickets are folks buying? Is this a "Podium Club" crowd or just regular tickets? I don't have time to drive down and am not sure I could get the car trailered by Reliable, but it would be fun to fly in and see the race.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
With Burt Reynolds' passing, we definitely need a Deliverance tribute.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
For those of you who are coming to Petit Le Mans next month, I have a route for us to take on Thursday 10/11. I'm thinking we'd leave from the Courtyard Marriott in Duluth (1948 Satellite Blvd) at 9AM. It takes about an hour to get up to the mountains, but there are lots of fun and scenic roads one we are up there. The route takes us past the Lake Lanier dam up to Brasstown Bald (the highest point in GA) and to Hiawassee for lunch. After lunch, the route passes by beautiful mountain lakes Burton and Rabun to Tallulah Gorge and back to Duluth. There is also a more express return route that shaves off about 30 minutes from the drive if you've had enough driving.

I ran the route in my GT350R on Sunday, and it all seems safe for a Ford GT.

Send me a PM if you are interested and I can provide more details.

-Bill

we will be there.

Last edited:

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
All, I updated the main post with information leaving from the hotel at Avalon. Please respond if you are planning to attend.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I'm in.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Would love to join also. My plane though gets in at 8am so i will probably miss you guys. Maybe i can catch up?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
In with two for lunch.

Bill,

Please count me in....
Thanks,

David

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
In with two, thank you.

Bruce

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
My ''road trip'' will be from Detroit to Atlanta on that day, Thursday October 11 th.!

Sorry I will miss this particular event but will put approximately 780 miles on that car that day !
Please save me parking spot at the Hotel !
thank you ,
andy (ajb)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Chip & Peggy will be there in the new #34.

Chip

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I’m in for the Thursday drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Kim and Tim Cantwell definitely are there!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Would love to join also. My plane though gets in at 8am so i will probably miss you guys. Maybe i can catch up?

We need to find a way to make that happen! You must join us!

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
We need to find a way to make that happen! You must join us!

I hope so! As fast as I can get from the airport to the hotel where the 17 GT should be parked I will be ready to go! But if everyone is there ready to go at 9am I don't want to hold you guys up. No big deal at all.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I hope so! As fast as I can get from the airport to the hotel where the 17 GT should be parked I will be ready to go! But if everyone is there ready to go at 9am I don't want to hold you guys up. No big deal at all.

I’ll block everyone in so they can’t leave until you get there! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro