Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Try to explain F ME CUM to the VA DMV.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I was checking on plates and both “ F Cena” and “F Mecum” available here .

Try to explain F ME CUM to the VA DMV.

LOL!

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Well said. If selected for NFGT I’ll be doing the same.

Same here.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Jack
I got the same email

Me too and I didn't even order one!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Dallas area car dealer Don Davis was high bidder
My buddy there at auction says it was no sale at 1.3M as Tomy says.

Last edited:

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
That’s promising for us that aren’t allocated or won’t get allocated. Hopefully the flippers and collectors will move on the latest greatest!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I hope that car is driven right to the bottom of the market.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Dallas area car dealer Don Davis was high bidder
My buddy there at auction says it was no sale at 1.3M as Tomy says.

I wondered if there were any "real" bidders or just chandelier bids

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I would very much encourage more people to publicly take up the position that the only relevant discussion to this stuff is "who cares?"

A lot of these cars are going to get sold. A lot of garbage people are involved and are going to be involved in the brokering and sale of the cars (which I think is unique because so many of these people depended on the easy availability of a Ford with collectable status for the 05/06). A lot of people lied about their reasons for wanting the car. A lot of people will be motivated to share their two cents on what the cars should or shouldn't be worth purely on the basis of the way the cars were sold and whether their personal interest is in the value going up or down (at any particular time). It is what it is.

If threads like this are bumped every time there is a transaction, let me tell you, it's gonna be several long years of the stupidest, most irrelevant garbage you can possibly imagine. I can tell you my personal take: Stop bumping these threads. Stop making them. Ultimately, here's what is going to happen: I'm just going to start combining all the threads about this stuff into one giant, unreadable, horrible mega thread and put it in it's own section with Google Ads every other post. If I have to log on and read about the same dumb stuff I can read on Jalopnik, you're at least going to pay me for it.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Amen Dave. Well said!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Stop bumping these threads. Stop making them. Ultimately, here's what is going to happen: I'm just going to start combining all the threads about this stuff into one giant, unreadable, horrible mega thread and put it in it's own section with Google Ads every other post. If I have to log on and read about the same dumb stuff I can read on Jalopnik, you're at least going to pay me for it.

I love that idea should be implemented immediately.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Please end this torture!