Still on list?

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
I have an 05 FGT ( and various other Ford Performance > Raptor, Classic Bronco, Kirkham, etc) and on the first round of getting on the wait list for the new FGT...Do I need to resubmit? . I would not mind doing an updated video submission :) Not that they need any more PR, but we market our FGT all over on our RaceDeck flooring.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Guessing if you were chosen as a waitlist that maybe you will be chosen as some of the 1st of the 4th year run???

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
BTW......great product.

RaceDeck

Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
fingers crossed :) . is there somewhere to check or email?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
BTW......great product.
Agree have ours parked on it also

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Are you up in the Park City Area? I remember seeing a GT in Deer Valley last summer with Racedeck on the plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RaceDeck

Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
Yes, that is me. I was up there this morning doing a lap from Little Cottonwood Canyon around and over Guardsman..

So, is there somewhere I can check or re enter to get on the New FGT list?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
500 folks got definitively chosen. The next 250 people, as I recall, got an email that they were on the "wait list". If you got that email, you should be getting a call up for year 3 (2019) production. Some of planned year 3 production will run into the 4th year since production was less than 250 cars in year one (2017). The last 250 cars will be allocated when the application process is reopened (? late this year). Here's a thread about "wait list" announcements...

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/32684-Check-your-inbox-phase-2?highlight=Wait+list

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Some if not all of the wait list people receive an email a few weeks back saying they are slated for a 2019 model and further information on timing will follow.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Let me make this as clear as I can:

There was never actually a waitlist.

Waitlist = Year 3

Year 3 = Waitlist

You'll just have to imagine year 3 is ~units 501-750.

If you received the "waitlist" e-mail, you were always on the allocation list. Always. There is nothing you have to do at this time, and you will be contacted eventually. Everyone that got a "waitlist" e-mail subsequently received a "you're getting a car" email. From that point forward, you are now just waiting to begin your order.

The only reason that the concept of a waitlist even existed was because at the time the race program had only been announced as a 2 year program, and Ford did not want to announce production cars beyond the timeline of the race car program. Once the race program was confirmed for the two additional years on July 2nd, 2016, the e-mails confirming the additional cars and waitlist-->allocation conversions were sent out on August 19th, 2016. It was word games, and nothing more. They knew when they sent you the waitlist e-mail they would shortly thereafter be congratulating you on getting a car.

It boggles my mind that this remains unclear. Part of it is just poor communication. IMO, it was not a great idea to issue this communication in this way, and an even worse idea to not follow up for so long, but I digress. 2 guys that went to Le Mans in 2017 actually didn't know they had allocations, and obviously in RaceDeck's case (and likely others) it remains unclear, which is crazy.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I am hoping for the call every day!