Tallest owner or friend of owner that fit semi comfortably in a NFGT

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I am close to delivery of my NFGT. At 6’4” and ___(weight remains confidential) I will make myself fit even it means hanging out the window, or ultimately parking the car in the rec room.

Interested in those who fit or didn’t including those who let their tall friends sit in. In the end, it doesn’t matter as I am more than committed. I’m the same guy who plays drums, and owns rare guitars I can’t play, and like my cars, are depreciating .

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I am 6'-2-1/2" and I am more legs than body. I did fit in the NFGT but required pedal box to be all the way moved forward.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
You will prob want to remove seat bottom. Chat with BlueMoose. He is taller and did so.
I am 6’4 -6’5 and dont fit in with std seat arrangement.
Would be nice if they offered some seat options like some other manuf

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
Sitting when your tall is one problem. Getting in and out of a GT is another problem for tall GT owners. Ask me how I know.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Afyter a factory tour. You still haven’t had a chance to sit in the car?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
6'3" 230lbs. No issue. Height wise I fit better than the '05/'06 width I fit better in the '05/'06.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I'm at the other end of the scale. Pedal box doesn't move back far enough. Going to add the wooden blocks from my childhood bicycle pedals.

Reactions: tpraceman

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
With all the great things Ford has done with the engineering and capability of the car itself and the concierge specification process for the fortunate owners, I still can't believe that it was not possible to at least test fit a car if not test drive it as well. I don't understand how you can feel at ease spending $600K on a vehicle and still have a question as to how/if you will fit in it!

I believe other "supercar" brands such as Ferrari and McLaren have "studios"/showrooms that their selected clients can go to and at least sit in a "buck" to be fitted. Reasonably sized paint samples and interior materials are also available for viewing in real light conditions and for textural feel.Test driving probably more difficult.

I would have thought that Ford would have established such a studio in Dearborn or Toronto to which the process-selected owners could travel (in my opinion at Ford's expense), and answer personal fit, and material finish questions, as well as at least a hint of the car's driving capability.

I didn't commit to my '06 without making them take it out of the showroom and driving it, and if there had been something that I was seriously uncomfortable or unhappy with, there is a possibility that, even as Ford and GT crazy as I am, I might not have bought the car.

I doubt that we will ever hear any after the fact complaints from NGT owners, whether they may have any or not, but pre-delivery anxiety just strikes me as strange, no matter how insignificant the money may be to most.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I think you need to re read my post. Just a question. No anxiety whatsoever . And if I had anxiety I know 3 owners whose cars I imagine I could sit in.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'm 6'3" and mostly legs. 4 fingerbreaths of room from top of my head to roof liner in my 2018. Leg room is fine with pedal box all the way pushed in. Actually headroom is tighter in my 2005.

Jerry K

Feb 17, 2016
San Francisco
I am 6'2". I have shorter legs (30" pant length) and a longer torso. I fit with no helmet. But hopeless with helmet on. No track days for me, so disappointed. How are people getting the seat bottoms out?? Using bead seats?? I wonder if the different series have different seat/headroom combinations. I have the '19 Carbon Series with the alcantra seats.

Anyway, I am happy with either my GT350 for the track or my 458 Spyder. They are both great. So the GT's low head room means I don't have to risk a $600k GT at Laguna Seca.

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
6’-4”, 212lbs, fit no problem. With a helmet I have to slouch a little, and can just feel the helmet rubbing against the headliner, but actually it’s more comfy on track than my ‘06. If you have tall passengers they will be really scrunched-in unless you remove the footrest which gives another six inches of legroom. Pop the fuse cover off, two screws to remove and voila, instant legroom!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I just finished a full custom bead seat project. At 6’5 it was a must have. Complete game changer for me in terms of adding space.

I will try post up how we did it soon.

Feel free to PM me your cell in interim, if you like, as happy to chat about it.