A Ford GT, a pair of turbos and a lot of titanium.....

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
damn! That is awesome.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Exquisite, stunning, brilliant all at the same time.

Vince H

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Very nice. Ti headers planned?

Ed

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Wow. Really amazing.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I can appreciate this. Years back i made all the tooling to make custom coil covers. With raised charters. Wasn't easy as i thought. But you always impress everyone with your performance and class.
Awesome. :)

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Always great to see these cars still being modified.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Pretty. Do you have any pictures using the stock supercharger with the turbos? Also any performance numbers?

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Jason, I don't know which I like best; looking at the incredible quality of your work, or driving the incredible result of your work. True story: I went out to Cape Canaveral to run at an ultra-high speed event. When I arrived in my Heffner TT, the staff of the operation looked at my car and made the following comment, "We have a lot of guys show up here with custom cars and a lot of bragging about how fast they will go. They never seem to go as fast as they think they will. However, when one of Jason's cars shows up, the BS stops. His cars always perform." At the end of the day, I had the highest top speed BY FAR at 230. No hiccups, no nonsense, no drama. Since then, I have attended three high speed events for charity, and Jason's work dominated each event. At the last one, the GT also took home the crowd favorite award, competing against the usual suspects, including Porsche 918, Aventador, 720S, etc.

The proof is in the pudding, boys, and Jason absolutely delivers. So happy I own a GT. So happy Jason worked his magic on it. Life is good.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Beautiful work, plus sounds like it "goes well", too.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Jason, I don't know which I like best; looking at the incredible quality of your work, or driving the incredible result of your work. True story: I went out to Cape Canaveral to run at an ultra-high speed event. When I arrived in my Heffner TT, the staff of the operation looked at my car and made the following comment, "We have a lot of guys show up here with custom cars and a lot of bragging about how fast they will go. They never seem to go as fast as they think they will. However, when one of Jason's cars shows up, the BS stops. His cars always perform." At the end of the day, I had the highest top speed BY FAR at 230. No hiccups, no nonsense, no drama. Since then, I have attended three high speed events for charity, and Jason's work dominated each event. At the last one, the GT also took home the crowd favorite award, competing against the usual suspects, including Porsche 918, Aventador, 720S, etc.

The proof is in the pudding, boys, and Jason absolutely delivers. So happy I own a GT. So happy Jason worked his magic on it. Life is good.

Mitty, still waiting for that review compared to the many cars you have owned!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Thank you guys so much for all of the compliments. Sorry for the delayed responses but I will address questions in the order that they were posted.

This system is using the stock exhaust manifolds. We have not seen any power gains from the short tube headers and the slip fit merge collectors have, in some cases, allowed enough exhaust to escape to slow down boost response.

We stuck with the stock air box for a number of reasons. It is a nice looking, functional and non power robbing piece. We have experimented with other variations of air filtration systems and not seen any measurable gains at the 1,000 wheel horsepower mark.

This system would not pass California emissions.

All hot parts of this system are significantly farther away from the clamshell and clamshell louvers than the stock exhaust so there are no additional measures that need to be taken to protect them in this case. However, we are in the process of machining some billet aluminum clamshell vents for those that are experiencing cracking caused by heat.

Indeed we could have saved a few ounces and many hours of welding on this build had we made some of the piping out of aluminum but felt that the aluminum tubing would not have fit well with the titanium theme that the customer asked us for.

At this time I have no plans to build titanium headers. If we were to use exotic materials for headers I feel that inconel would be a better way to go.

I will have to look around for pictures of the twin turbo system being used in conjunction with the stock supercharger. When we have done this in the past we have made a larger diameter supercharger pulley to slow the supercharger down a bit. It ends up costing about 50 horsepower in the upper RPM range but provides hundreds of lb. ft. of additional torque in lower RPM's. I will post some more details on this when I find them. It has been quite a few years since we have done this.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thanks Jason

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Nicely done Jason. It’s great to see your enthusiasm continues in your quest for excellence! Didn’t see you at Smith Falls last weekend.
Oliviey did 217 mph with your lambo creation in the standing half mile.

Last edited:

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
Try Burns Stainless double-slip joints. They don't leak and it's what a lot of top drag and road race teams use with turbos.

Given the amount of Ti intake plumbing, you'd save POUNDS, not "ounces" going to Al. I get the theme reasoning though. I'm glad to see you keep the stock airbox and not an open element filter that would suck in hot air.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Stuntman- as Jason indicated there is little if any advantage to running tubular headers (short as they may be) over the stock OE cast manifolds. This has been discussed, measured and verified a number of times here on our Forum. Ford really did give the engine free flowing exhaust areas in the OE manifolds. Other than for looks, really no reason to over complicate.

Jason another beautiful, well engineered project of exceptional caliper. Congratulations on your latest project! They are always spectacular! Keep making them.

I could not agree more with w. mitty’s comments…..

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Love the product photos too, clear and crisp, well lit, and the GT looks brand new.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Stuntman- as Jason indicated there is little if any advantage to running tubular headers (short as they may be) over the stock OE cast manifolds. This has been discussed, measured and verified a number of times here on our Forum. Ford really did give the engine free flowing exhaust areas in the OE manifolds. Other than for looks, really no reason to over complicate.

Jason another beautiful, well engineered project of exceptional caliper. Congratulations on your latest project! They are always spectacular! Keep making them.

Some people like the (droning) sound of headers too.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I did noticed the deutsch connectors and the nicely loomed wiring... the attention to details on the little things.

Fantastic job, Jason

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015

My comment was in regards to slip joints leaking for turbo applications. I have not looked into the testing of headers on that engine, but i'd be surprised if you couldn't get at least 5-10hp gain from a properly designed set.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Nice work Jason......