Headlight adjustment - horizontal

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Anyone ever figure out whether there is any kind of horizontal adjustment on the headlights? I've adjusted the height, but my passenger side headlight is aimed a bit too much to the left, and the two lights converge at about 70 feet, so I'm not getting enough light on my right side...

I can't see any adjustment and I have read that there is none, but thought I'd ask in case there actually is some simple way...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Subscribing.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
suggest you talk to Rich on this. He may have a suggestion or two that may be useful.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You would have to pop out the fender liner (not an easy task) and realign the whole headlight on the horizontal plane. As you noted, there is only up/down alignment from the trunk.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
i don't remember there being any room to move it left and/or right. it is a very snug fit into the fender opening. there were shims to make the fitment better within the fender opening,,,but that was up/down on one corner.
good luck.
PS, if you are taking the fender liner out,,i found that using an old style work light ,halogen flood light, as a heat source, worked way easier. just leave it for an hour or so prior to removal until it is nice and warm.
while it was out, i left it in the warm sun and it fell back into place. used this trick on both sides.

Last edited: