2019 24 Hours of Le Mans

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
If you haven’t seen the GT in action at Le Mans, next year will likely be your last chance to see the factory cars race. 2019 will also be the last year for the current iteration of the LMP1 cars. The 2020 season will begin a new era of “hypercar” prototypes to reduce cost and increase relevance to the manufacturers’ road cars. GT 4.0?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
We’ll be there! If Ford once again decides not to offer hospitality, the folk at Project 100 have expressed interest in organizing a GT-themed hospitality package. They did us proud this year.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Julie and I would be interested in that.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
We’ll be there! If Ford once again decides not to offer hospitality, the folk at Project 100 have expressed interest in organizing a GT-themed hospitality package. They did us proud this year.

+1. They did a great job this year (Project 100). I hope Ford does offer a hospitality suite or even a coshare suite for their final year but either way I’ll be back again for a threepeat. It is always great to hang out with GT peeps no matter what the venue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
If something was organized, I would be happy to join.
If anyone was interested, I could organize before or after, a little tourist / cultural and gastronomic moment in the beautiful castles of the Loire Valley.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
If anyone was interested, I could organize before or after, a little tourist / cultural and gastronomic moment in the beautiful castles of the Loire Valley.

We went to the Loire region after Le Mans 2016. Loved Amboise, Chenonceau, and Villandry. This year we went further south to Dordogne.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

+1

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Julie and I would be interested in that.

Rebecka and I would be interested. Hopefully Ford will re-engage, but if they don’t, let’s go!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
We will be there for sure. Just Julie and me next year. Any idea if Ford will compete in the new-rule LMP1 class in 2020 and beyond?

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Monica and I were bummed we had to miss this year, but next year we are all in!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California

+2.
Project 100 was superb, I highly recommend them!
My first time at the 24 in 2010 with the forum when Matech was racing the 05/06 GT, I was set up by Project 100 for everything, my accommodations were at a beautiful 17th century chateau with a family in the heart of the city. It would be really cool if Ford would do another hospitality for the last hoorah, so let's see. I know some of our forum brethren used Aston Martin and Porsche, but I'm really happy with Project 100. :thumbsup

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Already have the rooms booked!

2019 will be bitter sweet for sure. After 2019 I will have been fortunate enough to attend all four races with some great people. As we all know these are pretty big commitments away from our business and personal lives. And to be honest I am relieved, excited, and sad, all at the same time that this will be the final year. But this chapter in my life will always be cherished. Amazing that something as insignificant as a car can produce so many memories and friends.

The chance of Ford doing a Suite is slim to none, but I would also suggest Project 100. We had quite a bit of confusion at first, but Chris made it right and gave us great customer service. And frankly their food was the best I have experienced at Lemans by far.

I look forward to seeing you all at Lemans!!

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
We missed year three, but will be there for year 4!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston

+1 . Really enjoyed it and regret not going the first two years.

GT0987

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Agreed it will be bittersweet. We have finally figured out the town, hotels and transit system so the fourth year should be a smooth one. The combination of Project 100 and Aston Martin was terrific, each had something unique to offer and we enjoyed it all (of course we'd prefer Ford hospitality). The racing may end but the friends and good times will continue.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Please count Dana and I in plus GT... several from Texas planning to ship our cars....

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
yes very interested if there is something organized well in advance.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I'm definitely interested as well. Hopefully Ford does some hospitality, but if not we should organize a "group buy" so that everyone can be together.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I'm definitely interested as well. Hopefully Ford does some hospitality, but if not we should organize a "group buy" so that everyone can be together.

Kenneth, if Ford doesn’t come through, Project 100 has said they’d do a GT-focussed package. Their hospitality this year was fantastic - pit tour, helicopter flight, van rides to all the corners throught the night, location next to Ganassi racing, and best of all getting us on the pit wall to see the winning cars cross the finish line. Timing will be an issue though, if Ford doesn’t get off the pot soon it might prove difficult to come up with an alternative.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Kenneth, if Ford doesn’t come through, Project 100 has said they’d do a GT-focussed package. Their hospitality this year was fantastic - pit tour, helicopter flight, van rides to all the corners throught the night, location next to Ganassi racing, and best of all getting us on the pit wall to see the winning cars cross the finish line. Timing will be an issue though, if Ford doesn’t get off the pot soon it might prove difficult to come up with an alternative.

dfcd7adbd836e9fbd024680a5f34d5fe.jpg

Just look at the fun these people had at Le Mans this year and this wasn’t everyone. We all used Project 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: