Tomcat

GT Owner

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I wonder why it says cannot be registered in California? This was originally sold in US and I thought all US GTs were 50 state legal.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
California has some goofy laws about out of state vehicles being registered in CA. The car has to have over a certain number of miles. The idea is it prevents people from buying a car in Montana (where registration and taxes are almost free), driving it to CA with 500 miles on it and then registering it in CA as a used car.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
California has some goofy laws about out of state vehicles being registered in CA. The car has to have over a certain number of miles. The idea is it prevents people from buying a car in Montana (where registration and taxes are almost free), driving it to CA with 500 miles on it and then registering it in CA as a used car.

But that is only for the vehicles that are not certified 50 state legal (factory paid Kalifornia extortion fee). Unless there were aftermarket modifications made which it does not mention, this GT should be able to be registered in California as long as it gets a current California smog inspection and certificate.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I wonder why it says cannot be registered in California? This was originally sold in US and I thought all US GTs were 50 state legal.
I wondered the same thing...I don't know.

Tomcat

GT Owner
714 mile car no sale at $310 (announcer said ~$350k was required)
1,872 mile red 2005 sold at $272k plus commission

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Wow, 310 means 341 with commission. I guess price are going back up again?

714 mile car no sale at $310 (announcer said ~$350k was required)
1,872 mile red 2005 sold at $272k plus commission

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
GAA classics ?
Not familiar with that name. Name change or always been around?

Tomcat

GT Owner
GAA classics ?
Not familiar with that name. Name change or always been around?
Greensboro NC twice a year auction. Growing in quality and stature and has had a few GTs over the past few years.