2018 Road America

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
WESTY!
Aero baby! that BMW brick just was pushing too much air and out of gas.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
BMW ran out of fuel.

Awesome race.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
#67 leading in points.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
WESTY!
Aero baby! that BMW brick just was pushing too much air and out of gas.

Yeah but I think BMW took a gamble on the last Pit Stop they jumped us in the pits so they probably short fueled which came back to bite them. .

Last edited:

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Congratulations 67! GTs are doing great!!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Yeah but I think BMW took a gamble on the last Pit Stop they jumped this in the pits so they probably short fueled which came back to bite them. .

Yeah, I agree, but it was good to have this bit of fortune go our way especially since it would have been very difficult to get by that BMW. Fun race.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Is Ford Motor Co. and The Chip Ganassi Racing Team Building Race History Fast Enough For Our New Ford GT’s?

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Man that was awesome!!! I was content with 2nd place, but was jumping out of my chair when the BMW dropped off. So many things can go for you or against you in this type of racing.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I think the #3 Corvette ran out of gas as well and the #4 car passed it. That should help in the standings.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
What a great race! The FGT victory was terrific! Colin Braun is a friend, so seeing him come from behind for the overall win was also great. And it was also good to see Patrick Long get back on the podium. I first met him at Monticello, when he was a Porsche factory driver. So, all "my guys" won today!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Tandy in the porsche, “ yeah, it was good fun dicing with Westbrook”. The organisers thought that whacking into the back of the GT no less than six times was not ‘good fun’ and gave him a drive-through. The pink pig did the same at Le Mans, when did sportscar racing become a contact sport?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And if anyone thinks "rubbin is racin"

ITS NOT!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Both of them are Brits from the same area. I wonder if Westbrook stole Tandy’s girlfriend or something.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ford’s GT winning streak “a hell of a ride”, says Westbrook

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motorsport.com/us/imsa/news/ford-gt-bmw-imsa-westbrook/3154918/amp/

Ford’s latest victory in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship’s GTLM class was hailed as “incredible” by Richard Westbrook – who took the lead of the championship along with co-driver Ryan Briscoe at Road America on Sunday.

Westbrook prevailed as BMW's late challenge misfired, and he scored the Chip Ganassi-run team’s fourth class victory on the bounce.

BMW’s Connor di Phillippi jumped Westbrook in the final round of pitstops, despite them both being on the same fuel strategy. The RLL-run BMW team later revealed that its refuelling rig told them that di Phillippi’s tank was full, when it was not – but that led to Westbrook charging to catch the under-fuelled M8 in the closing stages, which ran out of gas with two laps remaining.

“The last laps were mental!” exclaimed Westbrook. “I tried to keep as much pressure as I could on the BMW.

“I guess they short-filled by too much. I was so surprised he came out in front of me in the pits – I thought we had it done. He jumped me, but we were all on the same fuel [strategy], he beat me out by like three or four seconds, which was really weird.

“He was driving really well, the BMW was fast, then they told me over the radio that he had a fuel pressure issue. In the end we got our reward.

“It’s just an incredible run we’re having right now,” said Westbrook of the fourth consecutive win for the team. “The wins aren’t coming easy by any stretch of the imagination, we’re having to work for them. We didn’t have anything left today. After the first stint, we thought we’d be good on tires on the end of the stint, but the others were, too.

“It’s a track that really suits our car. It’s just a great win by the whole program. It’s a hell of a ride right now. I’m just enjoying every moment of it. And it’s getting to be ‘go time’ in the championship.”

Disaster for sister car

Westbrook and Briscoe take over the lead in the drivers’ standings after the sister #66 car lost points at Road America due to a broken right-rear toe link.

“Obviously, really bad luck for the 66 guys, but it’s been a great four wins in a row,” said Briscoe. “But it’s one car wins, and the other one is not scoring the points it needs, and we’ve kind of been going back and forth. But the fact we’ve always been able to compete for wins is fantastic.”

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Thanks for posting.

#66 - Rear toe link failure, or hit by a Porsche?