Tariffs, are coming....who will cancel their order if hypothetical tariffs happen

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
The Tariffs will more than likely be coming this fall adding 25% to the price. So if your NFGT ships after they are applied to all foreign cars. Will you cancel your order??

What will this do to the Supercar market? Will new cars be priced out of reach, will used cars gain in value?

Just curious what others think about what's about to happen.

Trump is pushing 25% auto tariff, despite top advisers scrambling to stop him, sources say

https://business.financialpost.com/...sers-scramble-to-stop-him?video_autoplay=true

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
As it's Ford Motor Co selling, I would assume no tariffs on it, but no idea. Certainly hope no tariffs.

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
The NFGT is Made in Canada, so 25% will be added at the Border.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
As with all such things, the devil's in the details. There may be a carveout for small or specialty manufacturers. It's one thing to make hundreds of thousands of cars in Mexico (or Canada, for that matter), and another to have 250 specialty, handmade cars come in pursuant to a tiny program. We'll see!

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Yes, but it's a FORD, so not small nor specialty.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
More cars for the Canadians?

Joe

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
More cars for the Canadians?

Joe

We can only hope, Ford was light with our allotment.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
If I get an allocation I will gladly pay the 25%

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Hummm... just heard on the radio that the European 's have come to the table and HAVE made concessions for a better deal for America. Guessing Canada will do the same.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
The NFGT is Made in Canada, so 25% will be added at the Border.

Mutlimatic can always ship to US - Ford to finish assembly??

Last edited:

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Mutlimatic can always ship to US - Ford to finish assembly

unfortunately, tariffs applies to parts also.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
This gets the award for worrying over nothing. And, I say that with a car due soon.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Unfortunately, tariffs applies to parts also.

Starting to sound like you've got an ax to grind. I'll make a fearless prediction. When it's all said and done, I'll bet that these negotiations, and that's what they are, will have no or very little effect on new Ford GT buyers. Do you really think that some of our members with an allocation are going to pipe up here and proclaim "I am cancelling my new GT purchase because there may be a tariff!"? I doubt that too.

Chip

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Darn it, so does that mean I have to buy less beer in Aluminum cans now, oh that's great, just great :biggrin

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Starting to sound like you've got an ax to grind. I'll make a fearless prediction. When it's all said and done, I'll bet that these negotiations, and that's what they are, will have no or very little effect on new Ford GT buyers. Chip

+1. For those of us "year 4 hopefuls", the laws may change several times between now and the delivery. Too much time and too many variables for me to worry about now.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
1st world problems. The price of hockey tickets to a Montreal hockey game are already exorbitant! And any tariff better not impact the cost of my Lay’s ketchup flavored potato chips.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Tariffs, eh?

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I am a dual US Canadian citizen so in the event of a temporary tariff I will take delivery at my mothers house in Winnipeg and then "visit" myself in the US. As an added bonus I will be able to catch some games at Bell MTS Centre (yes that is the correct spelling) home of next season's Stanley Cup champions the Winnipeg Jets!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I am a dual US Canadian citizen so in the event of a temporary tariff I will take delivery at my mothers house in Winnipeg and then "visit" myself in the US. As an added bonus I will be able to catch some games at Bell MTS Centre (yes that is the correct spelling) home of next season's Stanley Cup champions the Winnipeg Jets!

That’s a great tariff dodging scheme. How can we get that dual citizenship thingy eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
I live in Canada, and regardless of tariff's, I cannot wait to order my NFGT. Soon, baby, Soon. Get to order by Sept, I was told. 2019- 68 Heritage Edition. I am gonna be one happy guy...….