Availability of replacement Conti Comfort/Mobility Kits

Has anyone tried to get a new replacement Conti Kit (that's the orange and black compressor/fix a flat kit in the "trunk" on the right side)? They go out of date every 5-6 years (they are expiration date stamped). When I got my car six years ago I replaced the expired one by buying the identical item from Tire Rack because Ford's price was outrageous. Now that one has expired, and when I tried to order a new one from TR, they said it was discontinued. My local Ford parts manager looked it up (4G7Z 19L523 AA, the No. in the parts book, or 4G7V 19L523 AB, the number on the one from TR) and list price is $480.03. Even those for other Fords are way overpriced. That's outrageous. Apparently you can buy one from Ford (maybe those are expired, too), but I refuse at that price - or anything close to it.

I couldn't find one for sale on eBay, Amazon, or even in a general search on line. There does appear to be a similar one available from Slime. Does anyone have a source for a reasonable price?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Do they really "expire", ie, turn to rock? Or is it like bottled water?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
A few years ago I ordered replacement canister. It was already past due. Returned to Ford Parts. 2nd canister had current valid date.

Fast forward a few more years. Ordered another canister. Arrived and "someone" had taken a felt pen to cover the date. Rejected by me. Re-ordered again.

The only way to get a current date coded canister was to purchase the $500 complete pump set. Had so many service points the I didn't have to pay anything.

Which reminds me, I need to check the date on the "no spare tire" 2016 Fusion pump unit. Maybe Ford changed suppliers.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I replaced the can a few times from Tire Rack at about $40 as I recall. At the time, they were the only US supplier I could find for the cans. You could replace the entire kit, but why?

A fresh can has a five year shelf life.

When the current can expires, I'll just get a cheap Slime kit if the Conti replacement cans are not available.

I also carry plugs, jack, lug wrench and aluminum ramp just to ensure that I'll never need any of it.

I don't want to rely solely on the Conti kit, because our rear tires are quite a bit larger than the maximum size on the Conti spec sheet. If you can't read the chart, the maximum size listed is 275/35-19. Presumably, there is not enough latex to ensure a seal on bigger tires.

cmk-tech-spec2-data.jpg

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The heck with the can of goo for me, I carry a plug kit. There is a compressor, simply set the plug. If the tire issue is past what the plug can fix, the goo wont do any better and a flat bed is in order. Just my 2c.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
AAA has always worked for me.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Scott (Northwood GT) was offering the replacement goo canisters last year. Check with him.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I also carry plugs, jack, lug wrench and aluminum ramp just to ensure that I'll never need any of it.

Which Aluminum ramp? Do you put everything in the Frunk?