F350 Purchasing Help

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
A lot of you are a lot more familiar with the inner workings at ford and available discounts, etc. I'm looking for a little help or guidance.

I'm contemplating the idea of an F350 SRW Platinum to once and for all solve any towing problems. I probably need to shop nearby as I will likely trade-in the Ram 1500 which has served me well since 2014. My question is if there are any x-plan or friends and family kinds of discounts that I may be able to take advantage of. The truck is ~$80K at MSRP and so I'm really looking for the best way to being this down!

Ideas and or advice is appreciated.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My suggestion would be to find a Dealer with a lot of high priced inventory and see if he will sell you a truck into the holdback and behind of invoice. That’s cheaper than any X or friends plan. Those expensive puppies are very expensive on dealers inventory and that check to Ford is the first check a dealer sends to Ford at the first of every month. Example: competition causes dealers to go into the holdback to move excessive product! My dealer will sell $500-600 over net-net cost to move some product. Just talked to my former dealership and the fleet manager told me there is a 1,000 rebate on a F350 in Texas and he will sell one for : minus the rebate of $1,000 and 1/2 off the holdback and roll the truck. Note:rebates may be different in some States. Hope this helps! PS I’m glad I’m out of the retail business! Never forget competition keeps most dealer honest in a Metro market!

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
PM just sent to you ,
call me.
andy (ajb)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
We have the exact truck, a 2017 crew SWB platinum w 5th wheel prep 11.5k gvw (we have a 44' goosneck). We got it December of 17. We got super lucky, found a truck that was still titled to Ford (must have been a demo of some kind, not on MSO). $66k with 11k miles. I never thought we would ever find what we were looking for, period (with out ordering), let alone used, for a decent deal. Point of the post, keep your eyes open. Auto trader was our lead generation.

Truck is an animal, you will like it.

Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
If you don’t mind the drive, try Woodhouse Ford in Nebraska. Historically carry significant inventory and are aggressive on truck deals.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Thanks all for all of the input and advice. Andy, special thanks to you for the chat and the resultant Friends & Family PIN! Still looking at all the trucks in the area and nearby states. Haven't seen the new Limited (above Platinum) trim level yet but from the pics the different seat material seems hard to justify the price. Also, I don't like light colored seats in a truck. Anyway all of the feedback has been very helpful. My 1500 Ram Ecodiesel has served me well but it seems we have more and more towing demands - not the least of which is the NASA Championships at COTA in September and I just want to have the right equipment.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I would recommend Milliken Ford in MI (a sponsor on this forum). I am buying my NGT through them & will buy future Fords through them. They can easily get you a car to CA & probably give you a good deal also.

Ed

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Not to change the subject but...

just to be different, I had the identical issue with my Ecodiesel, needed more towing capacity but did not need the 1 ton. I found the Nissan Titan XD with the Cummings diesel fit the bill. more capacity than the EcoDiesel but not as much as the 3/4 ton.

Fuel economy was important to me and the size of the 1 ton was just too much.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have, and if If it was an option in 2017, I would have stuck with Platinum. I will say however the Limited interior looks MUCH better in person than in the pics.

Haven't seen the new Limited (above Platinum) trim level yet but from the pics the different seat material seems hard to justify the price.

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
:thumbsup
I will say however the Limited interior looks MUCH better in person than in the pics.

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
sent you a pm

A lot of you are a lot more familiar with the inner workings at ford and available discounts, etc. I'm looking for a little help or guidance.

I'm contemplating the idea of an F350 SRW Platinum to once and for all solve any towing problems. I probably need to shop nearby as I will likely trade-in the Ram 1500 which has served me well since 2014. My question is if there are any x-plan or friends and family kinds of discounts that I may be able to take advantage of. The truck is ~$80K at MSRP and so I'm really looking for the best way to being this down!

Ideas and or advice is appreciated.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
We have the X plan available and use it, but there are dealers with inventories and fleet departments that will sell to individuals. I would think calling around in your location, you would be able to find one.
We have a 2017 350 SRW King Ranch and love it.