Another wrecked 720S, in Great Falls, Virginia

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Seems there are more than the fair share of wrecked 720S's. Most recently, one got wrecked this Saturday morning in my neighborhood. Driver was headed northbound on Walker Rd in Great Falls, VA, past the one-lane bridge, and probably got on the gas too hard too early coming out of a turn. He started to slide, overcorrected and slid sideways into a tree. You can find the pics online.

This demonstrates that even with the newest stability nannies, sudden application of 700+ horsepower will result in loss of control. You can't bargain with Newton. The guy literally bought it the day before, and was on his way to "Katie's Cars'n'coffee" (every Saturday morning in Great Falls). Since I'm a volunteer EMT at the Great Falls Fire Dept., I ended up managing traffic at the landing zone for the emergency helicopter to come in to pick him up. Fortunately, he wasn't badly injured.

Be careful out there.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Cars are becoming so powerfful these days, that laws of physics (and traction) are all too easily overcome.
Glad he wasnt hurt badly.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Pete:
I saw the pix of the accident. How fast did the authorities think he was traveling before the crash? From the looks of the Mac, he must’ve been hauling. Lucky he wasn’t hurt worse.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I haven't heard any speed estimates yet. The local gendarmes hang out at the fire house too, so I'll ask one of them the next time I see them. But knowing the road extremely well, my guess would be about 50MPH when he lost it. There was a rumor about another drive coming in the opposite direction that was over the yellow double line, but no confirmation on that. The road is very narrow with no shoulder, just the ditch hard by.