Close

2005 Ford GT Red
    2013 Mustang Boss 302 - SBY
    1995 Mustang Cobra R
    1972 Pinto

"The Stone Age didn’t end for lack of stone, & the oil age will end long before the world runs out of oil.’’

Watched a F-E race in Battersea a few years ago. Was not impressed, whiny noises, not a lot of overtaking and if I remember correctly, the drivers used two cars because if range issues?
    "Rules are for the interpretation of wise men and the obedience of fools" - Colin Chapman.

Yes, Formula E involves a car change mid race. Weird watching it with no F1 engine noises.
    Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting. Steve McQueen

ex-GT Owner/ B.o.D

I watched one Formula E race on the tube a while back...for about two minutes.

Dullsville.

In many situations, EVs can be/are fine as commuters/D.D.s. But, as race cars? Not so much. Real race cars should scream and wail (shake the ground and one's internal organs in the case of drag racers)...not emit a whisper-quite 'weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'. They should also tend to go faster as their fuel dwindles...not slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by texas mongrel View Post
    ...and if I remember correctly, the drivers used two cars because if range issues?
    That's another thing; given the fact that F-Es currently have, what, about a 30 minute range (?), hypothetically, how many EV racers of any type/class competing within any auto racing organization do you suppose each team would need in order to finish a real race like, say, the 24 Hours of Le Mans or a 500 miler like Indy or Daytona? With current technology, nunna that is going to happen (probably never will until batteries can be swapped in a few seconds). Just sayin'...

JMPO. YOMV.

'Going to my room now...
    "…respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours…show respect to all people and grovel to none.” - Tecumseh

GT Owner

Lets get excited for autonomous car racing....

Hey, I just report the news!! LOL
    2005 Ford GT Red
    2013 Mustang Boss 302 - SBY
    1995 Mustang Cobra R
    1972 Pinto

"The Stone Age didn’t end for lack of stone, & the oil age will end long before the world runs out of oil.’’

There goes the neighborhood!!
    Blue 4 option #1725
    2017 Raptor Lighting Blue
    2014 C 7 Z51 convertible

Rally 7,8,9,10,11,12
    Host GTGuys Atlanta 2015
    Road Atlanta 2015, 2016,2017
    Le Mans 2016