Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Watched a F-E race in Battersea a few years ago. Was not impressed, whiny noises, not a lot of overtaking and if I remember correctly, the drivers used two cars because if range issues?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Yes, Formula E involves a car change mid race. Weird watching it with no F1 engine noises.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I watched one Formula E race on the tube a while back...for about two minutes.

Dullsville.

In many situations, EVs can be/are fine as commuters/D.D.s. But, as race cars? Not so much. Real race cars should scream and wail (shake the ground and one's internal organs in the case of drag racers)...not emit a whisper-quite 'weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'. They should also tend to go faster as their fuel dwindles...not slow down.

...and if I remember correctly, the drivers used two cars because if range issues?

That's another thing; given the fact that F-Es currently have, what, about a 30 minute range (?), hypothetically, how many EV racers of any type/class competing within any auto racing organization do you suppose each team would need in order to finish a real race like, say, the 24 Hours of Le Mans or a 500 miler like Indy or Daytona? With current technology, nunna that is going to happen (probably never will until batteries can be swapped in a few seconds). Just sayin'...

JMPO. YOMV.

'Going to my room now...

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Lets get excited for autonomous car racing....

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Hey, I just report the news!! LOL

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
There goes the neighborhood!!