Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good point guys. I donít plan on moving the car from itís current position in a climate-controlled space until this is addressed (soon). Thanks.

I’m on my third windshield in 13 years, and I only got my clearplex installed a couple months ago. Wish I had done it sooner, as it likely could have handled the two incidents that killed my first two windshields.

Sorry you took such a hard hit. We’ll never know what it would have looked like without the clearplex. Like others I suspect much worse.
    The average American faces a nearly insurmountable challenge -- knowing how good he's got it while remembering the sacrifices made to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ENZO BTR View Post
    Iím on my third windshield in 13 years, and I only got my clearplex installed a couple months ago. Wish I had done it sooner, as it likely could have handled the two incidents that killed my first two windshields.

Sorry you took such a hard hit. Weíll never know what it would have looked like without the clearplex. Like others I suspect much worse.
    Thanks, Karl. I agree. Yikes- two windshield replacements! Iíve heard they are no simple job. Did you have Rich/GTGuy handle it, or...?

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaGT View Post
    Thanks, Karl. I agree. Yikes- two windshield replacements! I’ve heard they are no simple job. Did you have Rich/GTGuy handle it, or...?
    Dealer did first, without removing front fenders. Rich did the second (current) and removed fenders. You can do it without removing the fenders but the lower windshield seals won’t be as effectively locked down. Glad I got the second one done right.
    The average American faces a nearly insurmountable challenge -- knowing how good he's got it while remembering the sacrifices made to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ENZO BTR View Post
    Dealer did first, without removing front fenders. Rich did the second (current) and removed fenders. You can do it without removing the fenders but the lower windshield seals won’t be as effectively locked down. Glad I got the second one done right.
    Good to know! Thanks.

For the record when first installed it can take a good 3 to 4 weeks for the film to completely evaporate the water and have the adhesive fully adhere to the glass. This is affected by heat and humidity.

Clearplex has their installers use infra red heaters to help speed the process. Not implying this had any impact on the situation just as a note . I wouldn't drive my 06 GT until I had one installed and Clearplex went on my 2017 before it hit the Road..
    and after 10 years of evolving the clarity of the new film is really, really Good..
    06 Tungsten # 1749 "Helenor "
    2017 Stormtrooper Edition # 56 " " Stormy "
    06 Red # 438 "Hellboy"
    Rallies: 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 9 , 10 , 11, Daytona 2016 & 17, Sebring 2016 & 17 , LeMans 2016 & 17, Lime Rock 2016, COTA 16 , 200 MPH Club... 1st recipient of the " Bill Dickie Award "

Quote Originally Posted by STORMCAT View Post
    For the record when first installed it can take a good 3 to 4 weeks for the film to completely evaporate the water and have the adhesive fully adhere to the glass. This is affected by heat and humidity.

Clearplex has their installers use infra red heaters to help speed the process. Not implying this had any impact on the situation just as a note . I wouldn't drive my 06 GT until I had one installed and Clearplex went on my 2017 before it hit the Road..
    and after 10 years of evolving the clarity of the new film is really, really Good..
    Good to know, thanks Brian.