Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    GT Owner DakotaGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    Good point guys. I donít plan on moving the car from itís current position in a climate-controlled space until this is addressed (soon). Thanks.

  2. #12
    GT Owner ENZO BTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    867

    Default

    I’m on my third windshield in 13 years, and I only got my clearplex installed a couple months ago. Wish I had done it sooner, as it likely could have handled the two incidents that killed my first two windshields.

    Sorry you took such a hard hit. We’ll never know what it would have looked like without the clearplex. Like others I suspect much worse.
    The average American faces a nearly insurmountable challenge -- knowing how good he's got it while remembering the sacrifices made to get it.

  3. #13
    GT Owner DakotaGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ENZO BTR View Post
    Iím on my third windshield in 13 years, and I only got my clearplex installed a couple months ago. Wish I had done it sooner, as it likely could have handled the two incidents that killed my first two windshields.

    Sorry you took such a hard hit. Weíll never know what it would have looked like without the clearplex. Like others I suspect much worse.
    Thanks, Karl. I agree. Yikes- two windshield replacements! Iíve heard they are no simple job. Did you have Rich/GTGuy handle it, or...?

  4. #14
    GT Owner ENZO BTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaGT View Post
    Thanks, Karl. I agree. Yikes- two windshield replacements! I’ve heard they are no simple job. Did you have Rich/GTGuy handle it, or...?
    Dealer did first, without removing front fenders. Rich did the second (current) and removed fenders. You can do it without removing the fenders but the lower windshield seals won’t be as effectively locked down. Glad I got the second one done right.
    The average American faces a nearly insurmountable challenge -- knowing how good he's got it while remembering the sacrifices made to get it.

  5. #15
    GT Owner DakotaGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ENZO BTR View Post
    Dealer did first, without removing front fenders. Rich did the second (current) and removed fenders. You can do it without removing the fenders but the lower windshield seals won’t be as effectively locked down. Glad I got the second one done right.
    Good to know! Thanks.

  6. #16
    Le Mans 2010 Sponsor STORMCAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    7,093

    Default

    For the record when first installed it can take a good 3 to 4 weeks for the film to completely evaporate the water and have the adhesive fully adhere to the glass. This is affected by heat and humidity.

    Clearplex has their installers use infra red heaters to help speed the process. Not implying this had any impact on the situation just as a note . I wouldn't drive my 06 GT until I had one installed and Clearplex went on my 2017 before it hit the Road..
    and after 10 years of evolving the clarity of the new film is really, really Good..
    06 Tungsten # 1749 "Helenor "
    2017 Stormtrooper Edition # 56 " " Stormy "
    06 Red # 438 "Hellboy"
    Rallies: 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 9 , 10 , 11, Daytona 2016 & 17, Sebring 2016 & 17 , LeMans 2016 & 17, Lime Rock 2016, COTA 16 , 200 MPH Club... 1st recipient of the " Bill Dickie Award "

  7. #17
    GT Owner DakotaGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STORMCAT View Post
    For the record when first installed it can take a good 3 to 4 weeks for the film to completely evaporate the water and have the adhesive fully adhere to the glass. This is affected by heat and humidity.

    Clearplex has their installers use infra red heaters to help speed the process. Not implying this had any impact on the situation just as a note . I wouldn't drive my 06 GT until I had one installed and Clearplex went on my 2017 before it hit the Road..
    and after 10 years of evolving the clarity of the new film is really, really Good..
    Good to know, thanks Brian.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •